Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodged the question again.

You wanted him dropped 24hrs prior to bog. Clueless.
Lol personally i want him gone from the club altogether one good game in fmd too many to count consistent squibbing of contests and you think it will all go away on the back of one good game.

The culture is so bad because of blokes like Ellis he is a part of the problem but as usual you fail to see it.
Your happy with one off performances its like oh look brandon had a good game i told you he can play lol its hilarious.

The club and supporters are mired in mediocrity and one off performances every few yrs is good enough it seems.
As ti says no wonder we remain mired in mediocrity with this sort of acceptance of players performances.

Good on him he has a good game but imo its more prudent to ask how long before we get the real Ellis back rather than blindly accepting hes turned some sort of magical corner.

Well played Brandon, great game.
Keep this up and I may have to change my mind
This i can go with even though i still have not viewed the game so have no idea on what his game was like.

If he played as well as some here report great but that is what should be the norm, being strong in a contest putting your hesad over the ball taking the game on useing the ball weel making good decisions they should all be the norm rather than the exception.

If and thats a big freakin if he keeps it up i will also change my mind.As TI said one hot day does not make a summer.

Hey mopsy that post was for you, not the other one which was for your like buddy.
Answer that one, Narcissus.
Was it? It read as a lot of nonsense to me so i ignored it, but hey if you feel good about it i dont want to hurt your feelings, and apologise for not answering.;)

I havent even seen the game but you always know people like livonski will be here praising up soft weak players.
Fmd hes had 30 shite games in a row and all of a sudden a good one out of the hat and all is well.

Fair dinkum some posters just never ever learn or just plain fail to see what is wrong with players.You can bet your bottom dollar Ellis will revert to type as nearly all players like him do.

Ahh Livonski the great, always owns up when hes wrong, the irony is he is nearly always wrong but is so engrossed with himself that he cannot see so he just never puts his hand up. It a bit like fmd people i never saw it so i can not be wrong never mind most of the footy world sees it.
Haven't seen the game yet still manage to throw out critisicm that's completely unwarranted...
I'm no fan of Brandon Ellis the last season or 2, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit when it's due, he played great last night and if he keeps it up which he's capable of doing with his tank and build he will be a valuable member of the team.

Haven't seen the game yet still manage to throw out critisicm that's completely unwarranted...
I'm no fan of Brandon Ellis the last season or 2, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit when it's due, he played great last night and if he keeps it up which he's capable of doing with his tank and build he will be a valuable member of the team.

Mate he is soft he is weak mentally he panics he avoids contact you name it he has been guilty of it. One game wont change that.
yep the criticism is warranted its a criticism of his overall performances and not of his last game.

The point being made or the question being asked is, okay hes had a good one but has he really changed is this going to be the norm or will he simply revert back to what was the norm.
Surely one good performance does not absolve all of his horrid performances and efforts, this is what tiger supporters always do and usually its the level headed ones who have to wear the brunt of the ridicule that always follows when they revert back.

Mate he is soft he is weak mentally he panics he avoids contact you name it he has been guilty of it. One game wont change that.
yep the criticism is warranted its a criticism of his overall performances and not of his last game.

The point being made or the question being asked is, okay hes had a good one but has he really changed is this going to be the norm or will he simply revert back to what was the norm.
Surely one good performance does not absolve all of his horrid performances and efforts, this is what tiger supporters always do and usually its the level headed ones who have to wear the brunt of the ridicule that always follows when they revert back.
Did you even read my post?

Did you even read my post?
Yes i did
you say im being critical of his game when i havent seen it.
My answer to that is no i am not im being critical of what has gone before and im sceptical one good game, (so theres an acknowledgement of a good game) warrants that record being totally ignored.

LOL...cuts deep!
Is that it ? thats all you have. Pathetic and fair dinkum im scratching my head wondering why i even bothered replying.

What cuts? Good question but i reckon im skating on thin ice as it is so i wont be going there.
Lets just say i hate blind ignorance and stupidity.

We can ignore how bad hes been and that would be silly but ignoring it doesnt mean it has not happened or will go away.

In another persons words. One game wont define him, Consistency of effort or lack there of will.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez it cut deep that BEllis game...upsetting a few pre conceived nonsen err notions...
More like a single game and you lot decide he has permanently changed not only the way he plays in the future but all his mistakes and failures in the past.

Played a great game, but doesn't change the fact that his normal game is as a soft panic ridden turnover merchant. That is unlikely to change off the back of 1 good game. We can only hope it does.

Lol personally i want him gone from the club altogether one good game in fmd too many to count consistent squibbing of contests and you think it will all go away on the back of one good game.

The culture is so bad because of blokes like Ellis he is a part of the problem but as usual you fail to see it.
Your happy with one off performances its like oh look brandon had a good game i told you he can play lol its hilarious.

The club and supporters are mired in mediocrity and one off performances every few yrs is good enough it seems.
As ti says no wonder we remain mired in mediocrity with this sort of acceptance of players performances.

Good on him he has a good game but imo its more prudent to ask how long before we get the real Ellis back rather than blindly accepting hes turned some sort of magical corner.

Great post.
When you get 130 chances you are bound to play a good one eventually.
This guy is on track to surpass Newman's games total and is about a quarter of the footballer Chris was.
I mention it a lot, Beveridge can somehow manage to drop the likes of All-Australians Stringer and Boyd, a good player like Liberatore and five other premiership players, yet Dimma has never once had it in him to drop Ellis who has been largely poor the past three years.

I love the bloke who continually references 'like 2014 when Brandon made the All-Australian squad".
I recall little-known Charlie Fancutt upsetting Ivan Lendl in round one of Wimbledon in 1981. Can only live off that for so long.
Lendl won eight Grand Slams, about $23 million and was number one ion the world for three years.
Young Charlie won a mere $67,000 on tour and was back playing the Wycheproof Open 12 months later.

I
This i can go with even though i still have not viewed the game so have no idea on what his game was like.

If he played as well as some here report great but that is what should be the norm, being strong in a contest putting your hesad over the ball taking the game on useing the ball weel making good decisions they should all be the norm rather than the exception.

If and thats a big freakin if he keeps it up i will also change my mind.As TI said one hot day does not make a summer.

I agree mate, this type of performance is required week in week out, but if we are ok to bag people, we also need to give out praise when its due

Brando seems to be a thorn in some peoples sides. Saturday was definitely the best game I can remember him playing but overall he has improved this year and it should be remembered he is a role player. You can't expect him to be another Dusty or Cotch. I see him as an important cog in the machine if we are to step up a level but he needs to produce more games like last night.

Also I've noticed he's got a knack for kicking goals in congestion. Done it 3 times this year against Pies, Freo and Dons. Wins the contested ball in traffic and throws it on the boot for a goal. So simple. Would be worthwhile throwing him forward in a situation where we are pressing inside 50 but not getting the goals on the board.

Brando seems to be a thorn in some peoples sides. Saturday was definitely the best game I can remember him playing but overall he has improved this year and it should be remembered he is a role player. You can't expect him to be another Dusty or Cotch. I see him as an important cog in the machine if we are to step up a level but he needs to produce more games like last night.

Also I've noticed he's got a knack for kicking goals in congestion. Done it 3 times this year against Pies, Freo and Dons. Wins the contested ball in traffic and throws it on the boot for a goal. So simple. Would be worthwhile throwing him forward in a situation where we are pressing inside 50 but not getting the goals on the board.

Blokes aren't drafted in the first round to be mere role players.
He needs to be a lot more.

Pull up anything you like. I'll own up to my mistakes and admit where I'm wrong.

You just deflect.

YOU mention he was good four times... at least show some balls and admit he was better than 'good' and if he keeps it up you might have to wipe more egg off your face.

good post right here, reeks of someone that loves and supports the club and its players with fair constructive criticism and praise where due. :thumbsu:

He gave him credit.. there is no denying Ellis is a squib, scared, soft, bad decision making and did I say soft !! Player.
One game doesn't change a single thing. We will all be happy and all praise Ellis if he can do it consistently, but right now he owes us 100+ games like this to make up for all the soft ineffective games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back