Coxy_

Sexy Coxy
Aug 23, 2011
Williamstown
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coach
Funny how he gets criticised for not wanting to make mistakes when quite often he was the outlet last night and pulled the trigger to get back into the corridor with a lovely kick. Or had a run and bounce, was under the pump, and used the ball beautifully down the line.

21 touches, used it really well.

Yeah we lost so let's give him a good kicking. Onya

kempinsky

Senior List
May 25, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
was quiet last night, but didn't appear to do a lot wrong. wasn't in the bests, but not the worsts either. north were fantastic last night - played out of their skin. ellis was on the fat side of the wing for most of the night as the release player, but north's pressure and tackling didn't allow time for the switch.

Take your mopsy tinted glasses off, It's the same player, he's having a ripper year.
It’s a good year by his standards.
You keep pushing back on others opinions, it doesn’t make him a better player because you keep saying it.

Sol23

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Funny how he gets criticised for not wanting to make mistakes when quite often he was the outlet last night and pulled the trigger to get back into the corridor with a lovely kick. Or had a run and bounce, was under the pump, and used the ball beautifully down the line.

21 touches, used it really well.

Yeah we lost so let's give him a good kicking. Onya
Who can’t chip kick and hit a target?? He was the outlet for those cheap kicks in the back half..... anyone can get those. I’d rather him have 10 attacking/damaging possessions than what he dished up last night. When was the last time you saw him actually go and grab the ball and take someone on and make the play??

Coxy_

Sexy Coxy
Aug 23, 2011
Williamstown
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coach
Who can’t chip kick and hit a target?? He was the outlet for those cheap kicks in the back half..... anyone can get those. I’d rather him have 10 attacking/damaging possessions than what he dished up last night. When was the last time you saw him actually go and grab the ball and take someone on and make the play??

Half our team going on last nights effort. Why are you potting the guy who was consistently good with his ball use all night?
Sol, his role is literally to be the outlet when we're coming out of the backline. His role isn't contested footy, but he has to go when it's his turn and he did last night.

Mindboggling that he's the fella you've got an issue with after last night.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Yeah it’s always the same story with Brandon unfortunately.
Not sure that getting 21 at 90% when it's as tough and hard as it was is "meaningless"
Brando worked hard to get back in defense and tried to create run.
North were all over everyone!!

Coxy_

Sexy Coxy
Aug 23, 2011
Williamstown
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coach
He was horrible last night , especially when he has the ball in tight and he spins on a 1m arc and gives a quick hospital handball. I would be surprised if clubs are interested in him for more than 350k, but silly things happen in trade week.

That happened once dude. And it didn't result in a turnover. The other option was throwing it on the boot and kicking it straight to their spare

Just like he's an ordinary player by yours and some others standards here because you lot keep saying it
I can speak for myself thanks.
The most despicable thing I’ve said about him is I’m not in the camp of keeping him at an above ave contract and I’ve said my opinion as to why.
Thats where we differ.
I’ll say it again.
I think he plays the percentages and I think we’re seeing his best. I’d prefer to see more playmaking and creativity.

If he’s playing all year and we haven’t been playing
Cotchin
Reiwoldt
Graham
Rance
and we’ve missed
Short
Grimes
Vlaustin
Houli
Rioli
Lambert

I would expect him to be in the top ten for BnF anything less than that would be unacceptable.
Thats my view.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
He was horrible last night , especially when he has the ball in tight and he spins on a 1m arc and gives a quick hospital handball. I would be surprised if clubs are interested in him for more than 350k, but silly things happen in trade week.
You go into the game waiting for his mistakes and that's all you remember. Cracks me up big time.

Sol23

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Half our team going on last nights effort. Why are you potting the guy who was consistently good with his ball use all night?
Sol, his role is literally to be the outlet when we're coming out of the backline. His role isn't contested footy, but he has to go when it's his turn and he did last night.

Mindboggling that he's the fella you've got an issue with after last night.
I didn’t see him go when it was his turn. When it’s down and dirty he goes missing, same as last week. If he can’t get it in space hes virtually useless. Surely you can see him panicking when he gets the ball in traffic??? He can’t wait to get rid of the ball. As an outside player he needs to be a lot more damaging in my opinion

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I can speak for myself thanks.
The most despicable thing I’ve said about him is I’m not in the camp of keeping him at an above ave contract and I’ve said my opinion as to why.
Thats where we differ.
I’ll say it again.
I think he plays the percentages and I think we’re seeing his best. I’d prefer to see more playmaking and creativity.

If he’s playing all year and we haven’t been playing
Cotchin
Reiwoldt
Graham
Rance
and we’ve missed
Short
Grimes
Vlaustin
Houli
Rioli
Lambert

I would expect him to be in the top ten for BnF anything less than that would be unacceptable.
Thats my view.

In our premiership year he was 1 of 6 players in the 50s vote range with Grigg the highest 6th on 58 (Ellis technically 10th because Butler/Houli equal 8th, Prestia 9th, Buttler/Houli equal 8th, Reiwoldt 7th, Grigg 6th) 5th place Grimes on 69 showed how tight the 50 group was. That alone shows he's more than decent.

Last edited:
11th in
In our premiership year he was 1 of 6 players in the 50s vote range with Grigg the highest 6th on 58 (Ellis 11th, Prestia, Buttler,Reiwoldt, Grigg) 5th place Grimes on 69 showed how tight the 50 group was. That alone shows he's more than decent.
Was there 20 places?

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I didn’t see him go when it was his turn. When it’s down and dirty he goes missing, same as last week. If he can’t get it in space hes virtually useless. Surely you can see him panicking when he gets the ball in traffic??? He can’t wait to get rid of the ball. As an outside player he needs to be a lot more damaging in my opinion
Yep very good point if you’re playing as purely an outside midfielder you need to be able to hurt the opposition by foot and run and carry.

Back