Retired # 5: Brent Stanton - Essendon VFL Head Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for everything Stants. Great work rate & super consistent over the years, just a shame he wasn't around for a more successful era!
The next number 5 will have big shoes to fill.

Thanks for everything Stants. Great work rate & super consistent over the years, just a shame he wasn't around for a more successful era!
The next number 5 will have big shoes to fill.

LAVERDE%20Jayden.png

Lucky for us, he has big feet!

Club champ who helped carry a poor midfield for a long time. I always wonder what he could have done had we got some extra help for he and Jobe so he was able to run more freely more often. he can hold his head high and retire knowing he gave his all every match he played.

Best of luck in whatever the future holds Stants.

Good player, great club man.

Conditioning tells you something about dedication and commitment and he was always suprememly fit - got everything he could out of himself.

Congratulations on a great career and thank you for your loyalty to the club throughout its darkest period.

averaging 20 games per season between 2006 and 2015 says a lot as well

was always unfairly maligned. he was never quite an A grade player, but for a while, he was our best player. i think fans should have just accepted that, while he had his flaws, he busted his gut, and was our best (and most consistent) player for a few years there.

great career. shame he couldn't get to play (and win) more finals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't speak much more highly of him. From sticking with the club after the bullshit he copped from some supporters (because of a number) and the saga which pissed over the last section of his career, to even this year.
He came back knowing he might not be in the best 22, and when he fell out of the side, he chose to remain as involved and professional as ever by helping develop the young guys in the vfl. Fantastic clubman and a very underrated footballer.

Well done Stants. No one can deny you gave everything you had for the club and hard to ask for more than that.

3 highest ever possession winner for the club is a testament to your work ethic willingness to run harder and longer than most.

In a fitting way the most memorable moment I have of him was about 7 years ago in night game against the tiges. He marked the ball 50 out near the boundary and a couple of essendon supporters in front of me started bagging him saying he would kick it oof. Stants just went back and slotted a monster kick and these 2 knobs had to sit there while the rest of us got to cheer the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back