Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the clip on the MFC website in the lead up to Jacksons' goal.

Throw in, gawns wins the tap, Trac just bodies and subtly taps the ball to himself and lighting quick hands and we are a out.

Similar to Weid's goal in the third from the goal line, Trac wins the contested ball fires at 10-15m handball and sets up the whole play.

He IS our point of difference right now.

I got him at $101 at the start of the preseason ... The way things are headed, I may need to make a tough call on cashing out at some point ...
Same I put 20 on midway through Adelaide preseason match .

Also multi bet dees to win premiership and him to win Brownlow and @ 4001/1. Preseason form has always been a good formguide right? 🤣

Nice. I got him at $27 a week ago

Just saw he has come in to $13 and forth favourite for the brownlow with TAB. Somehow Cripps is third favourite despite being poo this season somehow

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Agree on Cripps. He's been ordinary this year compared to last few. But like Dusty, will attract votes even when plays an average game. With Carlton winning more, he will poll well no matter what. We have to win more games for Trac to be a chance.

Agree on Cripps. He's been ordinary this year compared to last few. But like Dusty, will attract votes even when plays an average game. With Carlton winning more, he will poll well no matter what. We have to win more games for Trac to be a chance.

I got him at $101 at the start of the preseason ... The way things are headed, I may need to make a tough call on cashing out at some point ...

Don't cash out, just lay off on some other favs at the end of the year would be my advice. Not often you get the chance of scoring a nice return on a $101 shot.

Can't fault his form this year. But those of us unfortunate enough to watch Melbourne play last year could see the improvement - sans his goal kicking in close and consistency throughout games.

The wider community are all over him now. Going to be interesting seeing how he handles the limelight thrust at him in a more positive sense. I get the feeling he will embrace it.

Just a real shame we are playing Brisbane on a Sunday night, personally think it will be an absolute cracker.

Even before this season he went at a career average of about 18 touches and almost a goal

It's not like he has gone from a dud to a star over night

Even before this season he went at a career average of about 18 touches and almost a goal

Last year he was playing a quarter of this type of footy here and there, not dominating but he was showing it was coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His season last year went under the radar, he was consistent but didn't dominate. It was a good building block to the season he is now having.

Just a real shame we are playing Brisbane on a Sunday night, personally think it will be an absolute cracker.
I reckon the AFL would be a fraction annoyed that we waited until after they locked in the Round 8 fixture to show some form, as on current form (which in fairness, has been fleeting at best for just about every team this season) this is one of the top couple of games this week

Uhh no he’s not, he’s Dusty 2.0

Now if we are talking Clarry

Needs more tats to be dusty. Tracs the family friendly version of him. Nice cleaned skin young man. :)

I reckon the AFL would be a fraction annoyed that we waited until after they locked in the Round 8 fixture to show some form, as on current form (which in fairness, has been fleeting at best for just about every team this season) this is one of the top couple of games this week

Silver lining is that at least they don’t have anything scheduled beyond this round.

Silver lining is that at least they don’t have anything scheduled beyond this round.
Yeah spot on, it's probably the silver lining of the whole scenario really, that the AFL can pick and choose which games to have on when based on who is playing well, hence the Suns playing in prime time this week.

Yeah spot on, it's probably the silver lining of the whole scenario really, that the AFL can pick and choose which games to have on when based on who is playing well, hence the Suns playing in prime time this week.

Don’t be too surprised if AFL becomes enamored of “flex scheduling” once they get a taste of being able to move the best games into “prime time”. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it be used in some capacity moving forward.

Can't fault his form this year. But those of us unfortunate enough to watch Melbourne play last year could see the improvement - sans his goal kicking in close and consistency throughout games.

The wider community are all over him now. Going to be interesting seeing how he handles the limelight thrust at him in a more positive sense. I get the feeling he will embrace it.

100%! I was pushing him up for a possible AA spot. Yes, maybe a bit over the top, but I thought he had a great season last year in the position he was playing. Absolutely could see this coming. You can tell on social media who was watching footy last year or two and who hasn't. So many people thinking he just came from the clouds and this will be a passing couple of good weeks. He's been building nicely, and now has a tank where he can do what he does best for a sustained time over 4 quarters. He's got a fantastic mix now of endurance and power. Dusty was very similar with his improvement as his body shape also meant it needed some miles in those legs and a$$ like Petracca. Christian has a long way to go before reaching Dusty heights, but he has now shown he is capable. Nearly untaggable too and should take heat off Oliver/Viney in the middle.

Don’t be too surprised if AFL becomes enamored of “flex scheduling” once they get a taste of being able to move the best games into “prime time”. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it be used in some capacity moving forward.
Yep, was thinking exactly the same thing. There are some obvious logistical issues with it in terms of giving teams an adequate break between games etc, but scheduling in 4-5 week blocks would make it pretty easy to fix.

It should really be referred to as the Carlton rule, given how many times over the last few years the AFL have put them in multiple prime time games expecting them to flourish, and they've still sucked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back