Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I love him saying he wants individual awards, sick of hearing people talk about the team. * that, I want Petracca to be the best player in the league. That'll win more games than him laying some tackles

As long as he stays fit he doesn’t really have a ceiling. Took Ablett 100 games to start playing his best football in his sixth season. Trac had played 85 before this, his fifth. I don’t understand why anyone would say he’s ‘wasted time’. You don’t have to be a star from your early 20s. But he can’t take a backwards step now. Needs to keep getting better and better as he ages like Ablett did if he wants to be the best player in it.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
As long as he stays fit he doesn’t really have a ceiling. Took Ablett 100 games to start playing his best football in his sixth season. Trac had played 85 before this, his fifth. I don’t understand why anyone would say he’s ‘wasted time’. You don’t have to be a star from your early 20s. But he can’t take a backwards step now. Needs to keep getting better and better as he ages like Ablett did if he wants to be the best player in it.

People really don’t realize how long it takes mid/forward types to come on, they’re like KPPs in that it’s a slow burn for them to become a star. Dusty wasn’t elite till his 8th season, GAJ his 6th. Petracca is in his 6th season now and his first was a writeoff due to the knee.

People really don’t realize how long it takes mid/forward types to come on, they’re like KPPs in that it’s a slow burn for them to become a star. Dusty wasn’t elite till his 8th season, GAJ his 6th. Petracca is in his 6th season now and his first was a writeoff due to the knee.
Ablett had 14 Brownlow votes over his first 5 seasons / 100 games, only one best on ground performance.

He then broke out and spent the next 8 years as the best player in the comp.

I wonder if Robbo thinks he wasted his first 5 years?

Last edited:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't think this has recieved the plaudits it deserves yet, hits the ball at full pace under pressure, without breaking stride. Snaps from probably 40m out and the ******* thing goes through over post height. He's snapped it 60m probably. Legit has the potential to match Martin and more so long as he has Martin's big game mentality
Screenshot_20200913-073916.png
Screenshot_20200913-073951.png

I don't think this has recieved the plaudits it deserves yet, hits the ball at full pace under pressure, without breaking stride. Snaps from probably 40m out and the ******* thing goes through over post height. He's snapped it 60m probably. Legit has the potential to match Martin and more so long as he has Martin's big game mentality View attachment 960784View attachment 960785
Great pick up, great goal. Goal of the night

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think this has recieved the plaudits it deserves yet, hits the ball at full pace under pressure, without breaking stride. Snaps from probably 40m out and the ******* thing goes through over post height. He's snapped it 60m probably. Legit has the potential to match Martin and more so long as he has Martin's big game mentality View attachment 960784View attachment 960785
Wtf it wasn't even in the channel 7 highlights.

Probably why no comments about it.

I have bitched about this goal in the review thread, it didn't make channel 7 or AFL.com's highlights. What the actual *? it's a freak skilled goal

Demondad

Debutant
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
That was an electrifying piece of play as opposed to Cripps; couple of fumbles, incorrect disposal, Plodded to far, standard shot from 45 on a slight angle. Derwayne spruiking goty.🤮

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Took Dusty until his 7th season (2016) to make the AA interchange, and until his 8th to make the starting midfield ;)

Trac's done it in his 5th. Now let's hope he can go on to be as good as Dusty was at his peak.
It'll all clmd down to mental. Dusty plays his best footy in the important games. So far Trac hasn't.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone seen the Petracca winning brownlow messages?

Might be like MasterChef but there is a bit of a buzz that it might be a tie

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone seen the Petracca winning brownlow messages?

Might be like MasterChef but there is a bit of a buzz that it might be a tie
has to be bullshit. reason was to make sure they were there if they win so dont look like dickheads.
then why the * is 90 od players going?
worked when Brayshaw came 3rd didnt it.. also said markets would be closed and he'd be crunched he legit hasn't moved in over a month

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes. Set up for disappointment.

I wouldn't take any notice.
The text going around with the "Herald Sun journo" is the same guy who let whispers out about Higgins missus and Harley Bennell going AWOL.

I shouldn't have my hopes up, it's only having a holding at $101 for him to win 🙏

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
has to be bullshit. reason was to make sure they were there if they win so dont look like dickheads.
then why the fu** is 90 od players going?
worked when Brayshaw came 3rd didnt it.. also said markets would be closed and he'd be crunched he legit hasn't moved in over a month
I think he's moved from 13 into 8 with tab since end of season, but sportsbet hasn't moved. Ladbrokes 11 into 8.50.

But you're more than likely right.

Back