Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
good luck to Trac for the count tonight. i didn't back him but i hope he wins anyway.
i threw $10 on Max as a roughie just because its been one of those years where nothing has made much sense.

will be the second favourite behind Neale I imagine
Sportsbet has him 7th favourite behind in order Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Martin, Bont and Dangerfield

Sportsbet has him 7th favourite behind in order Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Martin, Bont and Dangerfield
Interesting. Dusty is the best player in it but I don’t think he’s going to win another Brownlow, doesn’t play the game for it under the Richmond model. I guess they can’t price the big name players too long though or everyone will jump on them.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
It’s great that people (opposition fans) appreciate Track now, but feel he is still underated for his past 2 years, 20 touches and a goal playing atleast 50% Forward is good footy, just because it wasn’t top 3 in the Brownlow stuff it isn’t like he wasted his career until this season.

It’s great that people (opposition fans) appreciate Track now, but feel he is still underated for his past 2 years, 20 touches and a goal playing atleast 50% Forward is good footy, just because it wasn’t top 3 in the Brownlow stuff it isn’t like he wasted his career until this season.
He’s had a pretty good career tbh most of the criticism has been unfair. Largely performed ahead of what you’d expect from a guy of his age - even in 2017 he was in the AFL player ratings team of the year as a general forward. Victim of his own hype etc.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s had a pretty good career tbh most of the criticism has been unfair. Largely performed ahead of what you’d expect from a guy of his age - even in 2017 he was in the AFL player ratings team of the year as a general forward. Victim of his own hype etc.
Oscar McDonald was also rated high on player ratings.

His kicking was alot poorer, as was his decision making. He was way too unselfish at times and way too selfish others.

You can say he was disappointing without taking anything away from his last 2 years.

Petracca was rated as a top 20 draft prospect as a forward after his u17 season, it wasn’t until his draft year where he moved into the midfield he stormed up into number one contention.

His first 4 years he’s played majority forward, if he was selected at 20 I don’t think people would think he’d been disappointing. Now that he’s got fit enough to play midfield we are seeing why he was rated so high

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Petracca was rated as a top 20 draft prospect as a forward after his u17 season, it wasn’t until his draft year where he moved into the midfield he stormed up into number one contention.

His first 4 years he’s played majority forward, if he was selected at 20 I don’t think people would think he’d been disappointing. Now that he’s got fit enough to play midfield we are seeing why he was rated so high
This is why Burgess is so important. He's gotten best seasons out of May and Petracca. Oliver stat wise was right up there also. Viney looked fit. Weid had his best season. Lever didn't get injured. He got Bennell on the park. If we can fast track Rivers, Koz and Jackson, then I think we're a good shot at a flag in the coming years. Trac plays a huge part in that. I think he has another level in him too. Keep the fitness and he'll be a chance for #1 in the comp..

We aren't getting to a flag until our midfield improves its spread and forward connection. The biggest difference this year was the back 6 and leaking fewer cheap goals because of better wing set-ups.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hope the club is looking at a contract extension for Trac. Another two years taking him to 2024 would be nice. Really don't want to start living with the ~*He'S a FrEe AgEnT in 2022*~ crap next year.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hope the club is looking at a contract extension for Trac. Another two years taking him to 2024 would be nice. Really don't want to start living with the ~*He'S a FrEe AgEnT in 2022*~ crap next year.

Blues are apparently set to sign him. Trade looking like Trac for their second rounder and Paddie Dow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They won’t extend until his last year. If we extend now we risk getting a TMc situation. Based off this year we’re getting a bargain.

G'day Dees crew!

I head up video production for Dylan Buckley's Dyl and Friends, and this week's ep features Trac, which may be of interest! Ripping bloke!

It's Premiering now on YouTube. Enjoy!

anyone else enjoying Trac on AFL360 Tuesday nights?
Seemed a bit nervous tonight. Just gave stock standard answers until late in the piece when he started to feel a bit more comfortable.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’s started. The noise will continue and grow louder from here on in until such time as he inks paper with us well beyond 2022. Clarry as well. All the usual suspects - Pies, Hawks, Cats, Blues - will be sniffing around.

Play finals this year and maintain a happy club environment and we’re every chance to retain them. Both would be worth $1m/season on the open market.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It’s started. The noise will continue and grow louder from here on in until such time as he inks paper with us beyond 2022. Clarry as well. All the usual suspects - Pies, Hawks, Cats, Blues - will be sniffing around.

Lmao only a dumb campaigner would actually think this could happen

Back