Remove this Banner Ad

A11dAtP0w3R

Enjoying my teams losses more than I should ๐Ÿ˜™
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
Both signed for unders aswell. Carrying Harmes for 2 years on 300k is no where near as dangerous as carrying anyone for 1 million a season.
Viney didnt sign for unders at all . We pretty much matched Geelong 's offer. Mahoney panicked.

A11dAtP0w3R

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Trac doesn't have the injuries Jack does. Trac has far more evidence that he's good than Harmes does.

Not saying 7 years isn't a risk. It's just less of a risk than those two were.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I remember it was reported Geelong offered him 4 years for 800k we gave him 5 years for 650k
Maybe not unders but that's probably par plus we probably were able to front load some of that aswell.

I won't give a flying fu** if we snag a flag in the next couple but paying anyone a million into their 30s guaranteed is a fair punt

A11dAtP0w3R

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Maybe not unders but that's probably par plus we probably were able to front load some of that aswell.

I won't give a flying fu** if we snag a flag in the next couple but paying anyone a million into their 30s guaranteed is a fair punt
Front loaded and back loaded it's all the same, if we are having a sustained period of success while Trac is his 30s it will be fine. This is also taking into consideration that the cap won't rise in 2022 when the current deal ends.

It will only hurt us if we are struggling.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Front loaded and back loaded it's all the same, if we are having a sustained period of success while Trac is his 30s it will be fine. This is also taking into consideration that the cap won't rise.

It will only hurt us if we are struggling.
Not really though. If we paid Viney an extra 400k in his first year then he's making 100k less every year, which maybe we did to meet the salary cap.

Plus there's literally no articles on the internet with a value, think that was a certain poster who makes up Intel to feel special

A11dAtP0w3R

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Not really though. If we paid Viney an extra 400k in his first year then he's making 100k less every year, which maybe we did to meet the salary cap.

Plus there's literally no articles on the internet with a value, think that was a certain poster who makes up Intel to feel special
:(

Im pretty sure i saw it reported mate. But if it makes you feel better go with that. ๐Ÿ‘

A11dAtP0w3R

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I spent 15 minutes googling it and there's no reference to a $ value. That's more than I did in high school
Contracts always seem to disappear like that, you see numbers when they first come out and then exact figures vanish.

Wish there was a contract tracking site like they have ifor American Sports. Would make life easier for fans to trash GMs and footy bosses for sh*t deals. ๐Ÿ‘

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Contracts always seem to disappear like that, you see numbers when they first come out and then exact figures vanish.

Wish there was a contract tracking site like they have ifor American Sports. Would make life easier for fans to trash GMs and footy bosses for sh*t deals. ๐Ÿ‘
Yeah the AFL players are too soft to have their values spoken about. Might get criticized

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad