Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Browne sounded confident though, saying Petracca wants to stay has put his terms to the club in recent days. Possibly a 7 year deal locking him away until 2029.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Browne sounded confident though, saying Petracca wants to stay has put his terms to the club in recent days. Possibly a 7 year deal locking him away until 2029.
Takes him well past 30, but think he has the talent to justify a contract like this, plus I think he will be able to play half forward and be solid in his twilight.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Takes him well past 30, but think he has the talent to justify a contract like this, plus I think he will be able to play half forward and be solid in his twilight.
Petracca saying I want to be at Melbourne for the rest of the decade is a great show of confidence in the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH not sure I'm comfortable with 7 years, you just never know what will happen.

Massive show of faith by both parties which I do like (just for the love of god do not think about extending Goodwin for 7 years).
Petracca is one of the leagues best players. Is only 25 and has publicly stated that he loves this club. More than happy for a monster contract, regardless of what the future may hold.

TBH not sure I'm comfortable with 7 years, you just never know what will happen.

Massive show of faith by both parties which I do like (just for the love of god do not think about extending Goodwin for 7 years).

If Goody wins us a flag I say give him 20 👍

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I like the deal but I know what you mean. Meltdown when Harmes signs a 5 year deal even though it's probably for stuff all. Yet apparently there's nothing that could go wrong paying a 32 year old close to a million.

I just feel people forget about the Buddy deal and let the romance and emotions get in the way.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. I love Petracca. I just think 7 years is a risk.

I much rather 7 for Trac than 5 for Viney and Harmes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back