Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Both signed for unders aswell. Carrying Harmes for 2 years on 300k is no where near as dangerous as carrying anyone for 1 million a season.

Viney didnt sign for unders at all . We pretty much matched Geelong 's offer. Mahoney panicked.

Trac doesn't have the injuries Jack does. Trac has far more evidence that he's good than Harmes does.

Not saying 7 years isn't a risk. It's just less of a risk than those two were.

There's no articles anywhere with the price we got Viney for..

I remember it was reported Geelong offered him 4 years for 800k we gave him 5 years for 650k

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I remember it was reported Geelong offered him 4 years for 800k we gave him 5 years for 650k
Maybe not unders but that's probably par plus we probably were able to front load some of that aswell.

I won't give a flying * if we snag a flag in the next couple but paying anyone a million into their 30s guaranteed is a fair punt

Maybe not unders but that's probably par plus we probably were able to front load some of that aswell.

I won't give a flying fu** if we snag a flag in the next couple but paying anyone a million into their 30s guaranteed is a fair punt

Front loaded and back loaded it's all the same, if we are having a sustained period of success while Trac is his 30s it will be fine. This is also taking into consideration that the cap won't rise in 2022 when the current deal ends.

It will only hurt us if we are struggling.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Front loaded and back loaded it's all the same, if we are having a sustained period of success while Trac is his 30s it will be fine. This is also taking into consideration that the cap won't rise.

It will only hurt us if we are struggling.
Not really though. If we paid Viney an extra 400k in his first year then he's making 100k less every year, which maybe we did to meet the salary cap.

Plus there's literally no articles on the internet with a value, think that was a certain poster who makes up Intel to feel special

Not really though. If we paid Viney an extra 400k in his first year then he's making 100k less every year, which maybe we did to meet the salary cap.

Plus there's literally no articles on the internet with a value, think that was a certain poster who makes up Intel to feel special

:(

Im pretty sure i saw it reported mate. But if it makes you feel better go with that. 👍

I spent 15 minutes googling it and there's no reference to a $ value. That's more than I did in high school

Contracts always seem to disappear like that, you see numbers when they first come out and then exact figures vanish.

Wish there was a contract tracking site like they have ifor American Sports. Would make life easier for fans to trash GMs and footy bosses for s**t deals. 👍

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Contracts always seem to disappear like that, you see numbers when they first come out and then exact figures vanish.

Wish there was a contract tracking site like they have ifor American Sports. Would make life easier for fans to trash GMs and footy bosses for sh*t deals. 👍
Yeah the AFL players are too soft to have their values spoken about. Might get criticized

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the AFL players are too soft to have their values spoken about. Might get criticized

Bet you the footy bosses love it too tho. Should be open slather to keep people accountable. 🤗

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Dusty signed a seven year extension for more money when he was 26 (same age Trac will be at the end of his current contract), and that was before the 2017 finals series
Kinda convoluted my argument but ok.
My point was the club was slammed for similar deals for Harmes and Viney.

Kinda convoluted my argument but ok.
My point was the club was slammed for similar deals for Harmes and Viney.

Look at you Mr big words, "convoluted" la dee dah. 😍

You would too if you secured a deal that huge.

Watch this space! Might be a bit more in it.

Sounds like a few people are asking why Christian did 90% of the sorting of this deal.

I don’t think he has a happy manager at all.

Who knows, perhaps the final year or two have some performance clauses or triggers that might affect the total amount of the contract that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back