Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Chatted to Christian at training about 3 years ago on a Melbourne trip. He was just so impressive even then, talking to kids, huge smile, taking time for everyone, an impressive human I thought given his age. Even posted on here that I thought he would become heart and soul of MFC. (took what I thought was a selfie and was too embarrassed to ask again when realised you should switch camera and just had a lovely shot of empty Gosch’s.)
This is great news. So hope he and Oliver stay for life and become one of the greatest midfield teams in AFL history. Good day this!

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Some ages of past and present Melbourne players in 2029:

Jake Bowey: 27.
Kysaiah Pickett: 28.
Tom Sparrow: 29.
Charlie Spargo: 30.
Oskar Baker: 31.
Clayton Oliver: 32.
Christian Petracca: 33.
Christian Salem: 34.
Jack Viney: 35.
Josh Tynan: 36.
Tom McDonald: 37.
Max Gawn: 38.
Neville Jetta: 39.
Jack Grimes: 40.
Nathan Jones: 41.
Simon Buckley: 42.
Brock McLean: 43.
Bernie Vince: 44.
Nick Smith: 45.
Mark Jamar: 46.
Brad Green: 48.
Travis Johnston: 49.
Cameron Bruce: 50.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Bernie Vince will still look 18

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne

There are times when a post turns up and i don't "Get it" . And here we are .

Chatted to Christian at training about 3 years ago on a Melbourne trip. He was just so impressive even then, talking to kids, huge smile, taking time for everyone, an impressive human I thought given his age. Even posted on here that I thought he would become heart and soul of MFC. (took what I thought was a selfie and was too embarrassed to ask again when realised you should switch camera and just had a lovely shot of empty Gosch’s.)
This is great news. So hope he and Oliver stay for life and become one of the greatest midfield teams in AFL history. Good day this!
Post the photo in the MS Paint thread and someone will help you out

Devastating Boris you’re saying his manager isn’t happy he committed to a deal so early?

Like all good managers, sounds like Christian’s was very much looking forward to a price war and twisting MFC’s arm on a big deal.

Where it gets murky is Christian approached the club and did 90% of the deal himself. Very much a “this is what I’d be happy with, can you do this and keep the core group together?”. Club jumped. Coaching involved late.

Apparently the manager was only involved very late, sorting the legal stuff. Take from that what you will, but the commission is down substantially on what it could/would have been. There is also talk that this request has been in front of his manager since the beginning of the year but never moved.

All here say of course, but it has caught a lot of people in the footy world by surprise.

Trac is one of the major drivers of “the new culture”. Was started by Jones and Viney about 4 years ago, continued now by Gawn, Trac Oliver Salem etc.

May is well on the way too apparently.

remember before his first game he got in contact with a disable kid from Tassie who idolized him? Flew him and his dad over himself for his debut game

That shows a pretty bloody good character

Yeah it’s impossible to know whats true and what isn’t but for someone who St Kilda passed on because he failed psychometric testing Trac seems like a decent character. Might be a clue in the fact that the same McCartin who apparently passed those same tests clocked someone in the head on the weekend

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
A mate at work gave me the 'I have a mate who knows Christian and he was apparently going to Collingwood' I can't even remember what he said exactly the amount of people that know someone is laughable. Not related but heard a caller on Sen yesterday saying cotchin will retire and cripps will be signing with the Tigers. This bloke claimed to know cripps' cousins or something. How cripps' cousin knows cotchin is retiring is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Like all good managers, sounds like Christian’s was very much looking forward to a price war and twisting MFC’s arm on a big deal.

Where it gets murky is Christian approached the club and did 90% of the deal himself. Very much a “this is what I’d be happy with, can you do this and keep the core group together?”. Club jumped. Coaching involved late.

Apparently the manager was only involved very late, sorting the legal stuff. Take from that what you will, but the commission is down substantially on what it could/would have been. There is also talk that this request has been in front of his manager since the beginning of the year but never moved.

All here say of course, but it has caught a lot of people in the footy world by surprise.

Trac is one of the major drivers of “the new culture”. Was started by Jones and Viney about 4 years ago, continued now by Gawn, Trac Oliver Salem etc.

May is well on the way too apparently.
If true this is the best s**t ever. The hallmark of premiership teams is a core of players drafted close together that individually could earn more but sacrifice it to win flags.

Feels that the culture of that is here with the recent amount of extended contracts.

Trac is going to make a shitload of money in endorsements and post-career media deals, especially if he wins a flag or three. In the case of Dusty he’ll probably end up making more by staying at Richmond and taking advantage of that profile than he would have if he’d gone to North on their bloated contract offer. Probably Collingwood would have further centred Trac in the limelight but he has a pretty clean and family friendly image which for better or worse I think we are suited to. If he can become a proper finals champ he’ll be minting the dollarydoos forever

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
A mate at work gave me the 'I have a mate who knows Christian and he was apparently going to Collingwood' I can't even remember what he said exactly the amount of people that know someone is laughable. Not related but heard a caller on Sen yesterday saying cotchin will retire and cripps will be signing with the Tigers. This bloke claimed to know cripps' cousins or something. How cripps' cousin knows cotchin is retiring is beyond me.

Some of the s**t people "hear" is completely ridiculous. Would be like me telling the story of how my cousins dog, who knew Tracs dog from puppy pre-school, said that Trac would rather cut his tackle off and serve it to the family at Christmas than play for Collingwood. Just about as believable that one.

Some of the sh*t people "hear" is completely ridiculous. Would be like me telling the story of how my cousins dog, who knew Tracs dog from puppy pre-school, said that Trac would rather cut his tackle off and serve it to the family at Christmas than play for Collingwood. Just about as believable that one.
I’d buy that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back