Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Maybe, maybe not. No guarantees.

Put pen to paper however and he is guaranteed years and salary. I’m not sure why you’re pushing back against this logic. Any AFL player and player manager will tell you how valuable security of tenure is to them in a sport where injuries are commonplace.
Because I think your logic is extremely flawed as you need to maximise your earning capacity when there is a limited time period (such as is the case in sport) but I can't be bothered arguing with you anymore

Not quite the same length, but club just announced he’s signed until end of 2022. Very happy with that, sure he will be looking for a big free agency deal but I don’t blame him.

INB4 Kane Cornes claims 2 years for Petracca is way too long

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Smart by Trac. We've got him for 3 years, so let's show him a reason to stay. Could potentially be a Top 10 player, even higher by the end of his contract. Could also be right where he is now. So he's backed himself in for a big payday come the end of his contract. We all hope he elevates to elite status, which will cost us big bucks, but also could possibly land us a flag as we desperately need more elite talent. Hopefully that's around the corner.

Needs to win a game against a top side before going too wild but he's certainly playing to potential - not that he wasn't before, has always been a perfectly decent player and was developing nicely as a forward-mid even if not to the impossibly standard the media lump onto top 2 picks.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Absolute beast! Haven't seen any player like him at the Dees. Definitely in the Dusty/Danger mould and fast moving into their level. The kid just has so much confidence. So incredibly strong and has pace away from the stoppages which is a huge point of difference to Oliver. The two really work perfectly together. Trac has to do this against the better teams though to get to Dusty/Danger levels. Brisbane offers a perfect opportunity. Not expecting to win, but if he can produce what he did today, then it makes us competitive. He's very unselfish at times too which last couple of years has worked against him at times, but his decision making on when to give it off has really improved this year. He's averaging 10 more disposals a game than last year. Fair to say he has arrived!!

Watched his highlights tape on the Dees website again, decent performance hey. Hard to pick a favourite moment but that kick to Fritsch for his last goal was exquisite, and the kick to Weideman at the top of the square was ridiculous given he only really had time to shin the ball and still kicked it 45m to the perfect spot.

Hard to say if he was so good bc there was no Hawthorn pressure on him at all, or if there was no Hawthorn pressure on him because he's so imposing no one wants to go near him. A bit of both, maybe. Again will feel better when he does it in a win against a really good side but for a four quarter effort today was his best ever game.

Going to cost us an absolute fortune to re-sign. Good on him. Deserves it after the work hes out in all preseason and this year.
Lucky he only just re-signed a couple of months back

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

don't no what any campaigner said b4 this but got 50 on him at 81 bucks so come on campaigner keep it up
Nice. I got him at $27 a week ago

Just saw he has come in to $13 and forth favourite for the brownlow with TAB. Somehow Cripps is third favourite despite being poo this season somehow

Nice. I got him at $27 a week ago

Just saw he has come in to $13 and forth favourite for the brownlow with TAB. Somehow Cripps is third favourite despite being poo this season somehow

Cripps is enough of a name already to attract votes even when others are better.

Back