Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realized that young fella he has flown up for a few games who has either a disability or an illness (Apologies, can't remember which and can't find any articles on it) was there on Friday night and Trac pushed him through the banner.

He is just such a likeable person.
They were in the rooms after as well .

Just realized that young fella he has flown up for a few games who has either a disability or an illness (Apologies, can't remember which and can't find any articles on it) was there on Friday night and Trac pushed him through the banner.

He is just such a likeable person.
Lucas Peters is his name. With a quick google search, he has Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy, which basically prevents the major muscles for movement developing, hence the wheel chair.

He was actually in the circle for the song after the game against GWS ...

What are great human Trac is.

It's an absolute joke that he tore that 3rd quarter a newy and yet I felt like he missed so many more opportunities.

Set up 3 in the 3rd, could have easily doubled that. That was no where near peak Trac

That’s the scary part

They were in the rooms after as well .

Who wasn't? And who was the random bird kissing every player as they were going into the rooms?

Was well documented that he was the example of selfish football the club used to bring in a culture of unselfishness. I reckon that’s got into his head because there are a lot of times when he should be pulling the trigger but is giving it off instead.

Instinctively his game is to go for goal but he’s too unselfish now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was well documented that he was the example of selfish football the club used to bring in a culture of unselfishness. I reckon that’s got into his head because there are a lot of times when he should be pulling the trigger but is giving it off instead.

Instinctively his game is to go for goal but he’s too unselfish now.

A video was shown of him before the WC game as an example of selfish football. Since then he's trying to hard to prove he isn't selfish but he needs to be. The great players are selfish and they take the moment. I think they need to give him a little more freedom because he is playing with too much in head scon

A video was shown of him before the WC game as an example of selfish football. Since then he's trying to hard to prove he isn't selfish but he needs to be. The great players are selfish and they take the moment. I think they need to give him a little more freedom because he is playing with too much in head scon
Needs to learn when to be selfish and when not to be. At the moment he is playing with “do the the team thing or take the moment”. Once he finds the right balance he’ll be a very good player.

It's an absolute joke that he tore that 3rd quarter a newy and yet I felt like he missed so many more opportunities.

Set up 3 in the 3rd, could have easily doubled that. That was no where near peak Trac

Yep as good as he was, still feels like he has so many more levels he can reach

Did Petracca have a full pre-season? I remember reading how he's trimmed down. At what point do we discuss the fact that this bloke can hardly run? We were crying out for someone to take the game on yesterday, and he was nowhere to be seen. 15 touches at a bog average 73% yesterday. 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1. He's into his fourth season now, and he just doesn't look like stepping up. There's a slight Travis Johnstone aura about the bloke. Never seems to stand out when we have a bad game. Annoying watching mercurial, younger players like Taranto and McCluggage step up whilst Petracca stays the same player he was two years ago.

Last edited:
I thought he had a lot of impact early but then driiiiiifted out of the game

Agree with the call about him being the same player from 2 years ago, but I'm not ready to write him off yet

I think he needs one big game where it all clicks, he kicks 4 or 5 and gets 25 touches and realises what kind of player he can be

clocks definitely ticking though

Did Petracca have a full pre-season? I remember reading how he's trimmed down. At what point do we discuss the fact that this bloke can hardly run? We were crying out for someone to take the game on yesterday, and he was nowhere to be seen. 15 touches at a bog average 73% yesterday. 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1. He's into his fourth season now, and he just doesn't look like stepping up. There's a slight Travis Johnstone aura about the bloke. Never seems to stand out when we have a bad game. Annoying watching mercural, younger players like Taranto and McCluggage step up whilst Petracca stays the same player he was two years ago.

Trav is ahead of him at the moment at this stage of his career. I can't recall a game where Petracca dominated from start to finish, Johnstone I can recall several.

I'm sick and tired of the cameo quarters here and there, time to pull his finger out of his arse and become the player he should be by now.

He's more a Colin Syliva right now, got the skill set to be a star, delivering * all.

Did Petracca have a full pre-season? I remember reading how he's trimmed down. At what point do we discuss the fact that this bloke can hardly run? We were crying out for someone to take the game on yesterday, and he was nowhere to be seen. 15 touches at a bog average 73% yesterday. 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1. He's into his fourth season now, and he just doesn't look like stepping up. There's a slight Travis Johnstone aura about the bloke. Never seems to stand out when we have a bad game. Annoying watching mercural, younger players like Taranto and McCluggage step up whilst Petracca stays the same player he was two years ago.
Yeah he had knee surgery. he is a burst player who can do some fancy moves put pressure on i50 and try bust a tackle. expecting a superstar with a massive tank isnt what he'll ever be. Asking him to step up after 1 game how about our 2 ******* captains? Choosing 2 out n out mids over a forward and expecting the same yeah funny. He ave 20 touches and a goal a game last couple years thats pretty good. If he can average 2 goals a game thatd be sweet

I thought he had a lot of impact early but then driiiiiifted out of the game
This is the issue, he does a lot of great things but doesn’t stay connected to the game. A bit like Dangerfield in his first couple of seasons, some brilliance and some spectating.

Yeah he had knee surgery. he is a burst player who can do some fancy moves put pressure on i50 and try bust a tackle. expecting a superstar with a massive tank isnt what he'll ever be. Asking him to step up after 1 game how about our 2 ******* captains? Choosing 2 out n out mids over a forward and expecting the same yeah funny. He ave 20 touches and a goal a game last couple years thats pretty good. If he can average 2 goals a game thatd be sweet

Possessions are so overrated in today's AFL.

Dustin Martin is a better kick but they had very similar skill sets coming into the AFL, one has trimmed down and made himself a midfield beast the other can't run thru it for more than 15mins and is still mainly a half forward with a fat ass and tree trunk thighs.

Needs to get a lot fitter.

Possessions are so overrated in today's AFL.

Dustin Martin is a better kick but they had very similar skill sets coming into the AFL, one has trimmed down and made himself a midfield beast the other can't run thru it for more than 15mins and is still mainly a half forward with a fat ass and tree trunk thighs.

Needs to get a lot fitter.

In fairness, it took Dusty the best part of 7 years to trim down and run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back