Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree this guy needs to go to the VFL, and he needs to play as a mid there. Get some hard running games into him and give him the chance to get some hands on the footy. Only way to get confidence back is to get the ball in your hands as many times as possible.

Last edited:
He showed signs last week. But tonight his intensity at the contest was much better and he stayed involved in the game for longer periods. More that please.

Was good tonight. Much cleaner. If he can control the footy, he plays well.
You miss the massive fumble/airswing in the D50 that cost us a goal in the 3rd quarter? 🤨

You miss the massive fumble/airvswing in the D50 that cost us a goal in the 3rd quarter?

I didn’t say he was perfect. I said he was “much cleaner”. He was coming from a s**t start but was much cleaner tonight.

Made the most of his opportunities by foot tonight, that was nice to see, a step in the right direction but still a fair way off it imo.

Had nice lil bet on him for first goal. His kick to i think it was TMac or maybe Melksham just on 50 was beautiful. Building some nice form which is good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been good last two weeks. I just think the expectations on the kid is far too high. Everyone expects him to be a superstar but he'll be more of a Josh Caddy type i reckon, which is pretty much what he has produced last two weeks.

Loved the contest in the 1st quarter with Aliir Aliir. The kids tough and hard at it. Hopefully he can keep improving.

Can't believe someone called his second goal lucky in the match thread. Trac still wasn't operating at 100% last night, but that's the kind of performance he puts in when he backs himself to walk through tackles. That goal was pure talent, even if you only pull it off 1/10. Nobody else on our list kicks that.

His hands are not sure. Unfortunately that means he fits right in with the rest of the team. 😬

He was better last night, just that fumble at an important time in the game gave me tourettes sydndrome momentarily. He seems to produce those moments for me more than others 😂

Can't believe someone called his second goal lucky in the match thread. Trac still wasn't operating at 100% last night, but that's the kind of performance he puts in when he backs himself to walk through tackles. That goal was pure talent, even if you only pull it off 1/10. Nobody else on our list kicks that.

Is that the one where he was literally being slung as he kicked it? If so, then yes, there was clearly a bit of luck involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back