Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Only to fumble and turn it over
Go Away GIF

He has the tank to run loose and exploit the space in front of him to get a goal or two.

He needs to give his body the absolute pain it needs. Needs to build the muscle with some core strength so he sticks when he goes for those hard hits.

Good to see your trademark winning personality and unshakeable optimism coming to the fore as usual
I simply don’t rate him highly. His lack of physical competitiveness is a massive issue.

He tries hard. But you’re playing the highest level of footy, that shouldn’t be a positive. It should be expected.

I simply don’t rate him highly. His lack of physical competitiveness is a massive issue.

He tries hard. But you’re playing the highest level of footy, that shouldn’t be a positive. It should be expected.
CT came 12th in the B&F in the worst side in the competition for a long while - you don't have to defend your position.

CT's signing is meh at best - a bit like Xerri's signing - we have been that bad for that long that some/most supporters are just happy if a current player puts pen to paper for us.

Elite vision, good athleticism (albeit with an obvious need to get bigger), good hands, and a kick that's actually good, but looks worse than it is because he tries kicks that most other players don't see

There's heaps that's AFL-quality with Curtis. Needs more time, patience, experience, and to be less inclined to bite off more than he can chew with the footy (instead, take that approach with the protein bars, Curtis)

I'm ******* stoked he's signed on and convinced that he's a big part of our future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First 12 games: 12.7 disposals, 3.75 marks, 3 goals, and 52.8 supercoach.
Last 10 games: 18.6 disposals, 6.2 marks, 6 goals, and 70.6 supercoach.

He had a nice jump in form in the back half of the year and I still think he has another level to go to. He is perhaps behind on an ideal development curve, but this is a player who in year one saw Brad Scott sacked, in year two won three games in a pandemic, and in years three and four dealt with six wins and all of the chaos brought on by David Noble.

He has a lot of natural talent and I'm excited to see what he is able to do under Clarkson.

First 12 games: 12.7 disposals, 3.75 marks, 3 goals, and 52.8 supercoach.
Last 10 games: 18.6 disposals, 6.2 marks, 6 goals, and 70.6 supercoach.

He had a nice jump in form in the back half of the year and I still think he has another level to go to. He is perhaps behind on an ideal development curve, but this is a player who in year one saw Brad Scott sacked, in year two won three games in a pandemic, and in years three and four dealt with six wins and all of the chaos brought on by David Noble.

He has a lot of natural talent and I'm excited to see what he is able to do under Clarkson.
It's a good signing. The beneficiary of having little depth is guys like CT getting an extended run. Certainly improved this season. He doesn't just miss difficult targets, he misses easy ones too, which some more time in the system will hopefully iron out to become that clean one touch class across the wings and flanks

Have only just scratched the surface with this guy.
I was sold the day he saw ben brown go up for one handed marking special.
CT was like yeah nah not again and decided to take a speccy on browns head. then again. and again in the same game.
We got rid of Brown after that year. I love this kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back