Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Backed up his effort from last week with another monster 10 tackles. I think he's back.

love his pressure

had a couple of turnovers but his tackling more than makes up for it

Wow. Missed that stat. Kicked a goal too iirc.

Kicked a bomb from outside 50 that I gave him no chance with, that’s as good a sign as any that his body is in much better nick

His pressure was fantastic yesterday. Almost 2018 level. Works well with Snelling and Walla when he plays like that.

He gives away too many frees though. Needs to work on his discipline.

It's a balance. He brings that turd factor to us which we actually need, we don't have any others really. Merrett perhaps. Most good sides have a few mongrels.

It's a balance. He brings that turd factor to us which we actually need, we don't have any others really. Merrett perhaps. Most good sides have a few mongrels.
Hind against Carlton showed some, he is an angry ant

Hind against Carlton showed some, he is an angry ant

I would be too if I was decked off the ball right in front of the umpire with no free kick given.

Especially since Dev gets done routinely for it when he pressures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's going on here? Two weeks in a row he's gone clutching his left arm/wrist/elbow/shoulder/something for like a couple of minutes after a bit of contact (and not playing for a free or anything just appears to be in pain). Carrying an injury? 🤔

Nerve damage in his elbow. Refers down to his wrist when it gets whacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back