Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
The new neighbours, who are up, loudly, all night, until 5am, disagree a bit.

This is what I get for living in the outer eastern suburbs where you don't fit in unless you drive a VN Commodore with a mirror missing.

I digress, how's Dev's knee?
Yeah but think of the future, when the neighbours go quiet baby decides it's time for food, play, changing, or any combination of all 3.

I guess things could be worse for Dev's knee, but this is certainly s**t news at a time when we're sorely looking for good news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maddogm

Premium Platinum
Feb 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Wings
3-5 and a stack of injuries season is just about done imo.

The signs of us having a **** year were there when with key players in rehab all pre season.
Not of a s**t year, but of a slow start. I was always expecting us to drop a few early and then improve as the season went on and end up in the bottom half of the eight. Now we'll have to see how we go especially with a few players becoming available over the next couple of weeks.

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

TheBrownDog
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Not of a **** year, but of a slow start. I was always expecting us to drop a few early and then improve as the season went on and end up in the bottom half of the eight. Now we'll have to see how we go especially with a few players becoming available over the next couple of weeks.
If they can beat Freo and then Richmond I will have hope again for the season

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah but think of the future, when the neighbours go quiet baby decides it's time for food, play, changing, or any combination of all 3.

I guess things could be worse for Dev's knee, but this is certainly **** news at a time when we're sorely looking for good news.
For mine...Metallica time...Enter Sandman!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mercurial89

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Heard that the choice is reco within the next 3 years or just the surgery now for the one thing to get back later this year. But a reco will be needed at some stage.

What a s**t decision to have to make.

I guess surely you have to take the record now and trust yourself to get back by 2020

DontArgue4

Premium Platinum
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Arsenal, PhiEagles
As someone else may have pointed out, it’s too hard to do reco on PCL. Don’t think that’s an option
Tom Lynch had a PCL reconstruction, its a s**t of an operation though

Hope Devon is ok, one of my fav non Richmond players (unless hes playing against us)

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Do all the surgeries. Season is done. If the club doesn’t recognise that they’re delusional.

So now watch us go all chips in and sacrifice future seasons in order to make a huge push for 8th place this year.
We’re a game out of the eight with 14 games left!

Mercurial89

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Do all the surgeries. Season is done. If the club doesn’t recognise that they’re delusional.

So now watch us go all chips in and sacrifice future seasons in order to make a huge push for 8th place this year.
A PCL reconstruction is as bad as an ACL and it's recovery isn't great. There is no guarantee he is back up and running properly for next year if he has that done.

The thing is he can play without the PCL, but he will need it at some stage done. Does he do it now or does he stick to the original 4 year timeline when we recruited him.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Heard that the choice is reco within the next 3 years or just the surgery now for the one thing to get back later this year. But a reco will be needed at some stage.

What a **** decision to have to make.

I guess surely you have to take the record now and trust yourself to get back by 2020

How is it even a tough decision.

Get the reco, if that's what is necessary, and the bust arse recovering.

He's 25-26. He's got the rest of his career to worry about. From the clubs perspective its not like were in contention or that our hopes hang on Smith.

Top Bottom