Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Given how important pressure is in contemporary AFL football, surely he deserves to make the final team. All time record holder for most tackles in a H&A season, consistently elite for pressure acts in general with classy skills and goal-kicking nous.

Given how important pressure is in contemporary AFL football, surely he deserves to make the final team. All time record holder for most tackles in a H&A season, consistently elite for pressure acts in general with classy skills and goal-kicking nous.

It's the same question every year- would you send this team out to play a game?

Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield is a classic case. It sounds amazing on paper, but defensively Geelong have struggled when those three were in the middle at a centre bounce.

FWIW I can't see him getting the gig. Not flashy enough.

It's the same question every year- would you send this team out to play a game?

Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield is a classic case. It sounds amazing on paper, but defensively Geelong have struggled when those three were in the middle at a centre bounce.

FWIW I can't see him getting the gig. Not flashy enough.
There was a year (2013?) where I thought Crowley deserved to be in the team. As you mentioned, they ignore the best role players and only pick big names more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be get carried away here, but I think it would be between Devon and Zerrett as the next captain when Hepp decides he's had enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back