Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't describe myself as Dev's biggest fan, but shoutout to him (and Snelling) for this.

Some dude on Bomberblitz said:
I wasn’t even sure he [Walla] was going to finish [the 2km trial] as he was struggling so much until Smith who had finished running sprinted from the other side of the oval to run with him, they were later joined by Snelling and were able to increase his pace quite considerably.

under the new rules this bloke could become an absolute liability - and thats before we talk about physical limitations

Agreed.

But on the other hand it's possible to turn that into getting under the skin of other players (which devon does best) and exploit that for easier frees under this system + being more consistent.

I reckon Dev will be a very good chance of being the first player with a 50 against him for giving the ump a dirty look such is his attitude.

And it will probably be deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does it too often i think he will be demoted to the VFL. Already obvious Truck had words with him last year, pretty sure he even mentioned it at a press conference, and Devon at 28 is one of our oldest players. He has to lead by example, with the good stuff he does outweighing the bad. He's borderline best 22 anyway in my opinion so really needs to keep his head down and just work.

1000_F_247427910_FkABIVOp4WutEbkUVCTQ18Iy7ksGxQw3.jpg

Unpopular opinion but I do think he's matured a bit and I don't expect him to give away that many free's/50's this year.

(Please don't make me regret saying that in 12 months 😂)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back