Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney - 100 games!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
This link was posted on Swans facebook group

Deccas

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Easy to forget how incredible some of the things he does are. Still hasn't become what we hope and dream of but I reckon he will just slowly continue to improve. Not the sort of explosive impact I was hoping for at this stage, of his career but his hands are just too good and he has such a heavy strong frame that he likes to throw around.

Heeney Parker Mills Dawson Hewett Florent could be a pretty handy midfield in about 2 years.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Easy to forget how incredible some of the things he does are. Still hasn't become what we hope and dream of but I reckon he will just slowly continue to improve. Not the sort of explosive impact I was hoping for at this stage, of his career but his hands are just too good and he has such a heavy strong frame that he likes to throw around.

Heeney Parker Mills Dawson Hewett Florent could be a pretty handy midfield in about 2 years.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
maybe next year :) ?

BruceFromBalnarring

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think Heeney's an A Grader. I just don't think his game today suits midfield. That may well change with a more offensive midfield set up (Naismith) but as it stands, he hurts the opposition far more on a half forward flank. Similar with Mills. People seem to want to force him into the midfield as though his class will be replicated in there. I don't think it necessarily will. Again, it might with more offensive taps going our way but right now, it's just shifting class away from where class counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scaryness

Oct 19, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah but on current form who is an A Grader on our list

Id say no one, Kennedy not anymore, Bud might come back as an A grader like 2018 hopefully

Heeney looks the most likely at least, maybe expectations are a bit over the top
Rampe, and I'm willing to give Bud the benefit of the doubt until we see him next year.

BloodySwan

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Showed yesterday what we've all been saying. Keep him forward pushing into the midfield. Capability to be elite small forward. Should spend more time with Johnson over the offseason

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
The mark he took to kick his 4th goal was a sign of just how good he is. Doing it with Heath Shaw right up on his back no less - Shaw isn't the rebounding defender he once was but imo he is far and away the best lockdown small defender in the league right now (a conversation for another thread but he is underrated at this point in his career imo). To take that mark with a great defender right on him and the ball travelling towards him at such high velocity is real skill.

Missed two goals he should have kicked so I'm glad he came back and nailed the last one.

Top Bottom