Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

The last few weeks I was starting to see a bit more leadership from Heeney too which makes this injury an even bigger shame. With all the injuries we've got, I was starting to see him displaying more of a "follow me" kind of disposition on the field.

Rotten luck but this year already looked like a write-off so I'm glad he'll get plenty of time to recuperate.

* EVERYTHING

Pretty rare that we're hit with injury so hard in the Home & Away season. I know a couple of final series we were hit hard but it's Rd 7 and we have 6-7 of our Best 22 on the sidelines. Some of them our best players!

Speedy recovery mate. One of the best players you guys have. You never enjoy seeing players get injured, just absolutely horrible. Unfortunately footy gods aren't always kind.

Thank you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously Sucks and you have my sympathies guys. That kid is one of my favourite to watch. I love everything about him, his class, his grit, his skill and so on. watching that game, even hobbled, he was everywhere. 2020 has basically just been a d**k in so many ways.

We are cooked.
Isaac and Papley were our only players worth watching.

Draft pick 2 here we come.
I reckon you guys are seriously underrating our ability here.

I haven't given up hope on pick 1.

No individual is greater than the club, but the thought of watching the Swans without Heeney has me seriously flat.

I enjoy watching Paps as well.

I'm pretty flat about all of this, but if we flood youth then I can stay hopeful for the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back