Retired Matthew Boyd (#904)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how he would go playing in the forward-line - maybe he'd be a better kick at goal than he is to a team mate?
I don't really think we can count the other night as evidence either way - he was absolutely shocking and much worse than usual. Playing like that there is no debate, he's out of the team. Simple as that.
I agree that there's little evidence though. All I'm saying is that if some of these kids were ready, they'd start beating him to contests and such - at the moment our structure is very much built around him being the extractor, and I'm just not sure that's ready to change. I doubt he'll play Freo - so we might get a chance to see if I'm right or wrong.

I agree that it is due to both poor forwards and bad ball, but to say disposing of Boyd will solve the latter completely is false. While Wallis and Libba are both better kicks, I wouldn't be surprised if all of Smith, Lower and Hrovat all have lower DE% than Boyd. It's just the way these types of players play unless they get spread. Once we develop spread from a contest from our youngsters, these players won't need to kick as they have options. At this point in time, however, it's better to boot it 60m towards the forward 50 and turn it over than try to handball it and give it straight to the opposition, or take too long and get tackled.

I haven't gotten to stats like that yet, but I'll keep reading and if I come across them will post them here. :thumbsu: Interested to see them as well.

I wouldn't feel bad about it. It's a good thread and has started some discussion - you raise some very good points and that's what sets this thread apart from others. I'm enjoying the discussion regardless of whether I agree or not. :p

I would turn him into a Ling-style tagger before I trial him in the forward line, though.

Question for the mods Ant_, Mike2009, Igloo and Testekill ...

If the Cordy thread got moved to Dog Tags, shouldn't this one get moved too?:confused:

I note that since it got moved the Cordy discussion has pretty much dried up. TBH, I seldom look in the Dog Tags forum.
Dunno what the answer is ... just pointing out the problem.

Holy s**t Dannnnnnnnnn, I just noticed you are up to 4100 posts! Are they all on the WB site? Do you ever sleep?
I'm an addict. :(

Nah, they're split across WB, crime, tennis, motorsport, fantasy football league, dream team, main board, rumours board...I'm pretty much everywhere. :p

In my defense uni hasn't started yet and I've been on bed rest for basically the last month. Not much else to do, haha.

EDIT: Although that didn't stop me going to the footy :rolleyes:

You'll make the BF AA Squad with those stats Dan. That's elite posting:p
This is a very emotional moment...I'd like to thank my parents, all those who voted for me, my peers...

On another note I saw a poster the other day with one post and something like 160 likes. :eek:

This is a very emotional moment...I'd like to thank my parents, all those who voted for me, my peers...

On another note I saw a poster the other day with one post and something like 160 likes. :eek:
A good photo shop is worth a hundred likes (attrb. interloper)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good point - there are posts after posts about individual players in our main forum - the cordy and tim watson one only one that was merged.

To be perfectly honest, I reckon Cordy is a much bigger problem than Boyd.

Boyd just frustrates how we play this year (and maybe next year). He won't be in the next premiership window.

Cordy on the other hand, if he came good it would solve our FF problem for the next 10 years.

Question for the mods Ant_, Mike2009, Igloo and Testekill ...

If the Cordy thread got moved to Dog Tags, shouldn't this one get moved too?:confused:

I note that since it got moved the Cordy discussion has pretty much dried up. TBH, I seldom look in the Dog Tags forum.
Dunno what the answer is ... just pointing out the problem.

Your wish is my command...

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-02-18/pups-to-support-stalwarts

Eager to take some pressure off the older bodies, Smith said the younger players want to shoulder more responsibility this season.
“We are trying to narrow the gap… we don’t want to rely on the older boys all the time and we don’t want to have to always have the pressure on us,” Smith said.
“We are just trying to get a nice even contribution from everyone.”
Sounds like we may get our wish. :thumbsu:

Nah, they're split across WB, crime, tennis, motorsport, fantasy football league, dream team, main board, rumours board...I'm pretty much everywhere. :p
Motorsport? Rumours? Pffft :rolleyes: The bay is where you need to post son! :D

Very good point - there are posts after posts about individual players in our main forum - the cordy and tim watson one only one that was merged.
Individual player discussion should generally be in Dog tags and everything else (gameplan, coaching staff, the backline, limericks, gameday/review threads, etc.) should be on our main board.

Reviews of player performances may belong in match autopsy threads, but those thinking of posting a thread about a player should bump the relevant Dog tags thread instead. That's why this sub board was created :thumbsu:

Motorsport? Rumours? Pffft :rolleyes: The bay is where you need to post son! :D
I post there occasionally, on the boards that are actually funny...but I'm far too reasonable of an arguer for the "L0L PoORT SUX HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" bullshit. :p

1475320392658.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back