5 minute AFL survey- Fan Behaviour Attendance study (chance to win one of five $50 gift cards)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers_95

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Big Footy Users,
I have posted this on the main board but thought I would post this here as well given this section is on AFL crowds and attendance which happens to be a topic of interest for my Honours thesis research!

I am a Monash university Honours student and this year I am writing a thesis on fan behaviour in Australian Sport. As part of my research for this project I am required to collect information from Victorian based AFL football club fans in the form of a short survey. The survey will take no longer than 7 minutes to complete and participants who complete the survey will go into the running for 1 of five $50 gift cards if a provided email address is given (de-identified to your response for anonymity). The results will be kept confidential and will only be used for this research project. Responses can be withdrawn at any time by contacting the researcher’s details shown at the beginning of the survey. If you could spare some time this weekend during a half time break or pre/post-match to help me out that would be greatly appreciated. If you require any more information on the study, please read the following PDF document below. Feel free to share with friends and family members.

LINK (copy and paste in browser)
https://monash.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bJZSbmXBNh6AGG1

*Apologies for those who go for interstate sides. The reason only Victorian clubs have been used is that the next stage of research will be going into the field to do research and I do not have access to interstate venues. If you live interstate but support one of the Victorian clubs I would love you to respond and fill out the survey!

Jb-hi-fi-giftcards.jpg

Attachments

• Explanatory statement Fan Behaviour- Monash University.pdf
    153.7 KB · Views: 67
Apologies in advance if I am jumping to the wrong conclusion but I must admit I feel automatically suspicious and cynical about something like this - especially coming from Monash University: is this one of those 'studies' that is designed to label Australians as inveterate racists or Men as 'more violent due to football' or something? you know the sort of study with leading questions and selective outputs. Is there anything to show that the intent here is in good faith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back