5 predictions for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Geelong will win their allotted games at Skilled Stadium (or whatever it is called these days). That is something that normally make happen. They'll still get their usual home ground output from the big names. They'll then do enough to scrap together enough bully boy wins against mediocre sides to push their percentage up. Dalhaus and Rohan will make a difference, but they'll be found wanting come finals and get fleeced.

Carlton will just be genuinely horrendous. Even though they won't be expected to improve a lot, the reason he will be sacked will be gross disharmony with him and the playing group. It'll end up being untenable and a bit of a Rodney Eade type situation at the Gold Coast.

That's just my feel.
Thing is there's not a sniff if disharmony in the Blues playing group that I've detected.

Generally that's indicated by players wanting out inexplicably, or the club putting players on the trade table you wouldn't expect. I've seen none of that.

It wouldn't really be surprising given the horrible year they've just had.

1. Rayner from Brisbane to become an elite player in 2019.

2. Nick Holman to win GC best and fairest.

3. Charlie Curnow to be top 5 in Coleman Medal.

4. Geelong to make the top 4 led by new comers Atkins and D Fort.

5. A player will score a goal running down the field from full back with the new rule, Either in AFL or State League, using the infamous ‘Flying V’ from Mighty Ducks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thing is there's not a sniff if disharmony in the Blues playing group that I've detected.

Generally that's indicated by players wanting out inexplicably, or the club putting players on the trade table you wouldn't expect. I've seen none of that.

It wouldn't really be surprising given the horrible year they've just had.
I think this year will be different. Irrespective of all the excuses surrounding them, the players will just start getting frustrated. There's only so much losing you can take before people give up.

I think this year will be different. Irrespective of all the excuses surrounding them, the players will just start getting frustrated. There's only so much losing you can take before people give up.
Well it's a predictions thread, so that's fine. I just cant see it that's all.

1. Sydney Swans to finish in the bottom 4.

2. Rory Lobb finishes in the top 5 in the Coleman

3. Toby Greene plays a full season and finishes top 5 in the Brownlow

4. Nathan Jones dropped by the Demons and no longer in the side come finals time

5. Ken Hinkley first coach sacked after Port just miss out on finals football

1. Sydney Swans to finish in the bottom 4.

2. Rory Lobb finishes in the top 5 in the Coleman

3. Toby Greene plays a full season and finishes top 5 in the Brownlow

4. Nathan Jones dropped by the Demons and no longer in the side come finals time

5. Ken Hinkley first coach sacked after Port just miss out on finals football
Jones a brave call.

Dropping a revered captain before a finals campaign would be a risky move. Personally I think he'll retire at the point he sees himself taking a spot that he cant earn on merit.

I can see a coach wanting his influence and leadership pretty badly at the point end.

But it's a predictions thread

1. Sydney and Geelong fall out of top 8 to indicate a changing of the guard
2. James Sicily gets his first AA nod
3. Brisbane to make the top 8 and win a final
4. Jesse Hogan to win a Coleman with Fremantle due to his usage rate skyrocketing
5. The Brownlow medallist will be a second time winner

Clarko and Gil seen in the same coffee shop at the same time. The media and BF cry foul.

Scully not only plays round 3 onwards but wins more than 10 Brownlow votes. The media and BF cry foul.

Tom Mitchell has a 60 plus touch game that includes 2 free kicks to him. The media and BF cry foul.

Stephen Coniglio announces mid season his desire to leave and mentions Hawthorn as a club he admires. The media and BF cry foul.

Hawthorn supporters hijack every thread to talk about Hawthorn. BF cries foul.

Clarko and Gil seen in the same coffee shop at the same time. The media and BF cry foul.

Scully not only plays round 3 onwards but wins more than 10 Brownlow votes. The media and BF cry foul.

Tom Mitchell has a 60 plus touch game that includes 2 free kicks to him. The media and BF cry foul.

Stephen Coniglio announces mid season his desire to leave and mentions Hawthorn as a club he admires. The media and BF cry foul.

Hawthorn supporters hijack every thread to talk about Hawthorn. BF cries foul.
AFL players dont publicly announce their intention to leave mid-season. At least not from our club.

There's nothing foul about the Scully trade, and I hope you're right.

1 - In no particular order - WCE, Richmond, Melbourne and Adelaide will be the top 4.
2 - Alan Richardson will not see the season out and will be sacked
3 - North will play finals
4 - Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney will drop out of the 8
5 - Dustin Martin will win his second brownlow medal.

1 - In no particular order - WCE, Richmond, Melbourne and Adelaide will be the top 4.
2 - Alan Richardson will not see the season out and will be sacked
3 - North will play finals
4 - Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney will drop out of the 8
5 - Dustin Martin will win his second brownlow medal.
VERY SAD LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Freo play finals - Lyon gets contract extension but Bennell pulls the pin mid year after another season ending calf injury.

2. ‘Rule of the Week’ causes havoc and an AFL mouth piece writes an article about how important it is to enforce.

3. Increased focus on players treatment of women off the field - possible #metoo moment followed by article from Caro.

4. Liam Ryan takes club imposed ‘personal leave’, sees minimal senior football in 2019.

5. Impressive youngster at ‘northern club’ (which isn’t Sydney) is heavily courted by Collingwood/Hawthorn/Richmond - he demands a trade despite being under contract for a further 2 years.

1. Coaches work out how to exploit the new rules, making football less attractive once again

2. Every highly touted tall to change clubs disappoints leading the football public to finally catch on that it's a running game

3. After freeing up cap space last year GWS re-sign Coniglio and Kelly

4. O'Meara plays most games and starts to get back to his best

5. Lachie Neale win Brisbane's B&F

VERY SAD LOL

Serious question, why?
Edit: seen quoted poster goes for Collingwood. Enough said right there. Someone had ouchy wouchy feelings because his club didn’t get a mention. Talk about sore losers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3. Increased focus on players treatment of women off the field - possible #metoo moment followed by article from Caro.

Would be atomically hypocritical from a league that completely buried the story when an AFLW player came off the field and made a complaint about being sexually harassed and touched in a sexual manner by an opponent during the course of a match.

1. GWS continue to be massively overrated and bomb again.
2. Geelong finish top 4 after the home and away rounds.
3. Clayton Oliver wins the Brownlow Medal.
4. Adelaide receive pick 2 in the national draft.
5. Brisbane announce their arrival as a future force by making the top 8.

Would be atomically hypocritical from a league that completely buried the story when an AFLW player came off the field and made a complaint about being sexually harassed and touched in a sexual manner by an opponent during the course of a match.
When did that happen?

1. Ross Lyon and Alan Richardson to get the sack
2. AFLX a failure
3. A new premier and Brownlow Medallist will be crowned
5. Talks to introduce a wild card weekend and one-and-done Finals mid-season

1-5. My fingers will be forced to miss an entire preseason training if it continues to take 3 fken times just to login.

6. The AFL will be called out on how an MCG tennant that finished #1 top of the ladder in 2018 managed to be handed their last 7 games at the one ground. When Tiges beat GC on July 6, that is it for the season....sit back and plan for MCG every single game after that. The last time that happened was 2010 and was an obvious flag gift. You would assume they would never ever let it happen again.

Fans of Sydney Hawthorn and Geelong will know that as you finish higher your draw gets tougher...as it should be. You dont suddenly get handed a dream where you only play 5 actual away games, and only against 7th, 10th, 14th, 12th and 17th. Then settle back in for your last 7 at home before finals at the same ground. You would need to be seriously s**t to not make last 4 again at an absolute minimum with that type of gift. It WILL blow up bigtime coz they are not bad enough to have any chance of missing top 4 with that run.

Last edited:
1. Rayner from Brisbane to become an elite player in 2019.

2. Nick Holman to win GC best and fairest.

3. Charlie Curnow to be top 5 in Coleman Medal.

4. Geelong to make the top 4 led by new comers Atkins and D Fort.

5. A player will score a goal running down the field from full back with the new rule, Either in AFL or State League, using the infamous ‘Flying V’ from Mighty Ducks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No ,no , no , no and no

Remove this Banner Ad

Back