5 predictions for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

By the end of the season everyone will understand why the Eagles jumped to take Oscar Allen ahead of Tim Kelly.

By the end of trade period it wont matter either.:cool:

Looks good! Could be a gun third tall. Will he play much with Kennedy and darling playing? Surely ahead of waterman

By the end of the season everyone will understand why the Eagles jumped to take Oscar Allen ahead of Tim Kelly.

You can see Allen could be a formidable target and could easily terrorize a third best defender this year however Kelly has already proved what he can do so much so that the Eagles want him.

You can see Allen could be a formidable target and could easily terrorize a third best defender this year however Kelly has already proved what he can do so much so that the Eagles want him.

The Eagles wanted him on draft night so that has never changed.

But they took Allen at 21 hoping Kelly would be there at 24.

The reason they ranked Allen higher will start becoming clear injuries permitting.

Something about him that sets him aside from alot of other talls. He has a high footy IQ its been reported and Simo said Oscar is really focusing on team structures and plays ahead of just 'see ball get ball'. I rate him as one of if not the best kid at the Eagles ATM.

1. A midfielder will win the Brownlow......and it will be someone who already has a Charlie under his belt!
2. A champion will be struck down by a season ending knee injury
3. Channel 9's new Footy Show will be an absolute fizzer (like everything else coming out of 9)
4. A scandal will rock an interstate team that features a bird as its mascot
5. James Hird will not ride a bike in 2019

Sadly, got one right so far

1.) A team people expected to be top 4 will bomb. (Tigers? Eagles? Demons?)
2.) A team everybody wrote off will make the top 4. (Saints? Dogs?)
3.) A major star will get a season ending injury in the first 3 weeks of the season.
4.) A team no one expects will win the flag (Crows? Swans?)
5.) Mitchell will win back to back brownlows and piss off BF.

I said first 3 weeks. Got ya ;)

I reckon I can now claim my third prediction was on the money, i.e., "3. Channel 9's new Footy Show will be an absolute fizzer (like everything else coming out of 9)"

It is an absolute ratings flop - 163,000 viewers - and the chemistry between the panelists is fake. Dylan Alcott should get out before his reputation is irreversibly damaged

1. Grand Final will be held at the MCG
2. West Coast fans will biatch about it
3. Adelaide fans will biatch about it
4. Sydney fans will biatch about it
5. It won't bother Gold Coast fans

Yeah funny, but true!

I'd rather play the GF at the MCG and somebody will be beaten.

1. A midfielder will win the Brownlow......and it will be someone who already has a Charlie under his belt!
3. Channel 9's new Footy Show will be an absolute fizzer (like everything else coming out of 9)
Not bad at all..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apart from losing a few handy draft picks, you're pretty much bang on

1. The Mid Season Draft doesn't produce any players that play consistently through the year
2. Jye Caldwell defies the odds to win Rising Star
3. One of Josh Kelly and Stephen Coniglio doesn't sign on
4. SPS has a breakout year at Carlton, finishing top 5 in their B&F
5. Player with 2 years left to run on his contract decides to get traded
Only one I got right was 5 and turns out its Bradley Hill ffs I cursed us

1. Pies and Bombers to either finish low in the bottom 8 or miss completely.
2. Crows resurgence and finish within the top 6.
3. GWS top 4, they're not done yet.
4. AFL Footy Show to finally be put on an indefinite hiatus after these specials are aired and get extremely low viewership.
5. AFL to finally come to terms with AFLX being a shambles and either finally opt for just one more JLT game or (and I doubt it) finally give us what we want in SoO (even if it's only fringe players/draftees that play).
3.5 out of 5 aint bad

1.) A team people expected to be top 4 will bomb. (Tigers? Eagles? Demons?)
2.) A team everybody wrote off will make the top 4. (Saints? Dogs?)
3.) A major star will get a season ending injury in the first 3 weeks of the season.
4.) A team no one expects will win the flag (Crows? Swans?)
5.) Mitchell will win back to back brownlows and piss off BF.
hedged your bets and still only 1.3 out of 5.....poor

1. Fyfe
2. Rance
3. Axed
4. Willie Rioli
5. Perhaps

Last edited:

1 ✅
2 ✅
3 ✅
4 ✅
5 ?

hedged your bets and still only 1.3 out of 5.....poor

Demons didnt make top 4 and Rance went down. That's 2 genius. You going to reveal your predictions? Or you just going around trying to prove anyone wrong that said Tigers wouldn't win like an insecure imbocile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back