KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Myers and Langford especially bad. I don't get it they are supposed to be the bigger bodies. Time and time again they can't hold tackles. Pretty sure I wad the last person saying Myers was worth anything to the team. Now there's officially nobody. The only positive is finally the team selectors are making four changes instead of zero....
Saints grabbed Billy Slater for tackling expertise, among other things.
Maybe we could do the same?

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely you can’t make selections based off the km they covered? He had no impact on the game. He didn’t stop anyone and he had 5 touches.

He worked hard to present an option, not his fault that he was ignored on quite a few occasions.

Is he significantly worse at Baguely’s role than Baguely? I think Ham will end up a decent footballer, and if we drop Zaharakis and Myers (which we should) that brings Ridley and Langford (as a FWD) back in anyway. Might as well give Ham a game or two until Begley is ready to go, then bring Begley in when he’s ready for it - if that’s this week then so be it.

Worst thing for me would be dropping Ham (who worked his ass off all day and is in his 2nd game) for Baguely who is no more useful and not part of our future.

Ham ran his *** off to make and get into position to link up play. Unfortunately his hard work and effort went unrewarded due to Sydney's pressure around the ball and our poor handball and disposal skills and vision that prevented him from being utilised. Would prefer him on a wing. Can't fault the effort unlike Zaharakis who is a one way runner and not hard at the football.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Ham ran his *** off to make and get into position to link up play. Unfortunately his hard work and effort went unrewarded due to Sydney's pressure around the ball and our poor handball and disposal skills and vision that prevented him from being utilised. Would prefer him on a wing. Can't fault the effort unlike Zaharakis who is a one way runner and not hard at the football.
Effort is great. Reckon we have a good one. But we may break him if we play him before he is physically ready.
Roos game was a good run. Equivalent of a VFL run.
Got a taste but shouldn't be dropping guys like Ridley or Langford for him

Langford's had 50 games and showed nothing.
Lazy, not a two way runner, not a quick decision maker, not quick, lacks skills.

I hope to see Ham, Ridley, Mynott, Dylan Clarke and Mozzy get a go this year.

Myers, Ambrose, Langford, Zaharakis and Bags need to be put to pasture.

Langford's had 50 games and showed nothing.
Lazy, not a two way runner, not a quick decision maker, not quick, lacks skills.

I hope to see Ham, Ridley, Mynott, Dylan Clarke and Mozzy get a go this year.

Myers, Ambrose, Langford, Zaharakis and Bags need to be put to pasture.
I doubt Mozzie is ready this year.

Did they count Ham’s warming up on the boundary as part of his kms? He was invisible. Looked like a kid that’s not ready yet, which is fair enough as he’s only a young skinny kid.

Interesting view in the Age, Michael Gleeson thinks we were dudded. Probably not as blatant as TBC’s push in the back just before Rohan’s mark two years ago but by letter of the rules it should have been paid. As Gleeson said it’s like ignoring a player running over the mark....

Moving the goal posts

Essendon were dudded. The umpire made an error on Friday night when he warned but did not penalise Dane Rampe for jumping on the post.
It was the most befuddling of brain snaps from Rampe to jump on the post padding and shake the post as David Myers ran in to kick for goal to win the game.
Play Vid

Players reacted to the Dane Rampe incident during Sydney Swans' win over Essendon.

The rules are clear on it. It should have been a free kick taken at the goal line – a certain goal.
The umpire’s decision to just tell Rampe to get down was like a parental scalding. But it warranted more than that.
Gill McLachlan’s argument that it was a common-sense decision and the warning to get off the post was akin to warning a player to take a step back on a mark or he’ll give away a 50-metre penalty is a false equivalence.

A player does not know where a mark is when he is told to take a few steps back, he is guided by the umpire where the mark is. Rampe knew where the post was and he jumped on it.
Players who run through the mark are given a 50m penalty for doing something that is often unintentional.
Common sense could say they just be told to get out of the way; they are not they are penalised.
What Rampe did was not unintentional, he knew what he was doing, he jumped on a post and it shook. It was stupid and it
should have been more costly. It was for Essendon.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-a-changing-of-the-guard-20190512-p51mkn.html

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting view in the Age, Michael Gleeson thinks we were dudded. Probably not as blatant as TBC’s push in the back just before Rohan’s mark two years ago but by letter of the rules it should have been paid. As Gleeson said it’s like ignoring a player running over the mark....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-a-changing-of-the-guard-20190512-p51mkn.html
Yep. Not hard to see why the umpiring is all over the place when the boss of the competition doesn't get it.

Bookies would be happy though...5351

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and today Dane Rampe gets a please explain from the AFL.
Can EFC send a please explain to the AFL?
Wow.

Answer me this question, if the AFL ticked off the decision and just an on-field warning was fine, what is he being required to explain?

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
maybe if myers had stopped his run up when rampe was on the post the ump would have paid it - but seeing as the kick wasn't close he figured it didn't matter in the end

kinda reeks of Melbourne era tanking... you have done nothing wrong but we are going to fine you

Last edited:

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
maybe if myers had stopped his run up when rampe was on the post the ump would have paid it - but seeing as the kick wasn't close he figured it didn't matter in the end

kinda reeks of Melbourne era tanking... you have done nothing wrong but we are going to fine you
Or the Saga. You haven't been found guilty of taking anything, but you are kicked out of playing finals anyway.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC

I agree it should have been a free kick and Rampe who is a good footballer is an arse clown But just for the record I don't recall the outrage with Dustin Fletcher. Sinclair should have been given another free kick. At 1.27.00

I agree it should have been a free kick and Rampe who is a good footballer is an arse clown But just for the record I don't recall the outrage with Dustin Fletcher. Sinclair should have been given another free kick. At 1.27.00

You don't recall the outrage? Maybe it's because it was 18 years ago. What's your point in posting this?

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
You don't recall the outrage? Maybe it's because it was 18 years ago. What's your point in posting this?

To prove that Essendon got ROOOBEED

astrowizzle

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Nerrigundah
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought this was what brought the rule in and he got fired. Want to whinge about Fletcher give him back the 20 weeks he was the only player suspended for tripping for. Fmd swans supporters complaining about is. Let's not let dunkley play in a grand final when he SHOULD not have been playing bar a suspension they fought off in the courts.

To be fair, BigFooty was better in 2001 as was the outrage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back