moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
What are 5 reasons as to why you support the club you do?

1. I am from SA;
  2. 1993 - was the most entertaining year i have ever watched the Crows;
  3. Tony Modra;
  4. Dad bought me a season ticket as a kid; and
  5. 97-98 flags.

1 - Chris Grant
2 - I'm a proud Western Suburbs boy
3 - 1989 Fightback/Whitten Oval
4 - Ted Whitten/Doug Hawkins
5 - Family

I was really young when I chose my team, here's why I picked Richmond in the mid 90s when I was 5-6 years old.

1. I liked Daffy Duck when I was young and Nick Daffy I thought was his relative.
2. I thought Brendon & Michael Gale were related to Chip & Dale.
3. I didn't know whether Richmond was named after Richo or Richo was named after Richmond.
4. I like the way Chaffey and Daffy rhymed.
5. I Met Knighta when I was young and he was awesome.

1. Speaking as someone who followed Aussie Rules since they first started telecasting it in Sydney in the mid-70s, in 1982 WE FINALLY HAD OUR OWN CLUB!
2. The best-run club in the comp. No dickheads policy, culture, savviest recruiting of any club, champion team Vs team of champions, etc etc. Much respected by nearly everyone else (although perpetually under-rated as finals contenders!)
3. Paul Roos brought Zen calmness to coaching.
4. We changed the way the game is played and we always force other teams to play on our terms.
5. Red and white is the best colour combination by a mile.

6. WE ARE THE PREMIERS. (OK, so I can't count.)

Because four generations of my family before me dating back to before we entered the VFL were passionate bulldog fans. Have proudly signed my niece up from birth making her the sixth generation

1. Liked the name. 6 in the family, 12 teams at the time. New to Melbourne. We chose 2 teams each. I had Carlton and North. Carlton purely because of all the beer signs when out driving.

2. Jezza. The mere mention of his name and how revered he was got me to decide between Carlton and North outside the ground about round 6 or 7 when they were both undefeated.

3. Loved the colours, the monogram and the song and steeped in history.

4. Bruce Doull. Balding, bearded, the headband and seldom beaten.

5. The mosquito fleet. Ashman, Johnston, Sheldon, Buckley, Marcou, Harmes, Maylin etc. What a great introduction to exciting football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Basically constant free tickets to watch them play.

Oh and:

2. They show the rules during play on the big screen on Skoda. I keep forgetting what it means when the ball goes between the big and little posts.
3. Twitter updates during the game on the big screen. I love knowing when people enjoyed their day and will "definitely" be getting a season pass for next season.

1. Dad goes for them
2. as a kid i watched on telly the 1999 final between carlton and essendon, at that point fell in love with blues (ironically i was a north supporter and went on to watch them destroy my new found team)
3. Blue is the best colour
4. Rich club history
5. A theme song you can sing when your absoulutley plastered

1. They're the Tigers. Why would any kid barrack for some other weak animal or lame gimmick when they can barrack for a ferocious Tiger?

See avatar.

1. When I was a kid it was all about Jeff Farmer 2.But I loved the colours 3. the song and all that stuff and 4. I loved going down to the MCG for a game but I'll be honest 5. it's because my family barracked for the dee's my dad barracked for the dees, my mum barracked for the dees my sisters barrack for the dees, all of my cousins barracked for the dees, my grandparents all barracked for the dees, both my aunties barracked for the dees, and one of my uncles barracked for the dees (My other uncle barracked for Carlton, needless to say he's no longer my uncle)

A friend put me on to the Tigers back in 1972, we then won the 73 - 74 flags so that locked me in, but I love the Tiger as an animal and the colours and song IMO are the best of all clubs, there is a passion at Tigerland that keeps us together through thick and thin, our supporters are second to none when it comes to loyalty, which is a trait I like.

Me: I want to go for Richmond
Dad: That's fine...but you'll have to find a new place to live.

Thanked my dad a number of times for helping me dodge that bullet.

Essendon2011guernsey.png

2. When I started understanding footy, the baby bombers were in full flight.
3. James "Wayne Carey can kiss my boots" Hird
4. Michael Long
5. Choice between Collingwood and Essendon

1. I'm from Brisbane and the Lions are my local team so its a no brainer.
2. Lions were winning at the time. :oops:
3. We had one of the best jumpers in the league at the time (emphasising on the "had" and "at the time").
4. The maroon, blue and gold colours are one of the best in the league. Also suits a Brisbane sports team perfectly as blue and gold are Brisbane's official colours and maroon is Queensland's official colour. It's just a great coincidence that it was the same colours as Fitzroy as well, albeit with a proper maroon instead of red.
5. Over 100 years of history appeals to me, even if most of it was from a different legal entity in another state.
6. A Lion is the best mascot in the league. Why would you want a Swan, Eagle, Crow, Bulldog, Cat etc. when you can have a Lion!

Had to add 6. Reasons 3-6 is why I openly embrace the Fitzroy side of our history even though I have never been to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back