Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly think Freo would have picked him SPS at #3 if they didn't give it up for Sunshine, another way GWS helped us out :D

Lot of Freo fans wanted him, they would have seen a lot more of him than us, so i think we have picked up a winner folks.

Interesting that Brodie, our 2nd choice, slid to 9th, ultimately history will be the judge, but as it stands now, my gut tells me that we made 100 the right call.

As people have mentioned, he is a level headed bloke who also has confidence. I am sold.
Where did the Brodie as second choice info come from? Seems pretty legit, just wondering if one of the 'insiders' posted that or if it's just an assumption.

Also - the new avatar is perfect DVB. Suits you to a tee! ;)

Where did the Brodie as second choice info come from? Seems pretty legit, just wondering if one of the 'insiders' posted that or if it's just an assumption.

Also - the new avatar is perfect DVB. Suits you to a tee! ;)

I saw it on one of the Herald Sun's live draft chat journo blog that Buckenara said Brodie was going to be taken by us if SPS wasn't available, according to industry insiders.

i would say the info is pretty much on the money, most of the expert phantom drafts 24 hours before the draft had most of the top 10 correct (certainly top 5)

Once the opposition start grabbing it if they can catch him then he'll chop it off i reckon. :)

Tommy Alvin got tackled by the hair by one of the Morwood brothers back in the day and got called for holding the footy.

Don't know what it is about him, but I'm liking listening to him in the press conference with him and Fisher. Very nervous and shy and obviously still coming to grips with learning english, but I just like listening to him. Getting a good vibe from him.

I actually saw Sam as quite confident and excited, not so nervous and shy.

I think it's mostly the language barrier. IMHO if he had mastery of English, you'd be seeing a brash (in a good way) young kid, full of beans.

* Then again, if he'd mastered English, his language would stand out even more from most footballers.....

Don't know what it is about him, but I'm liking listening to him in the press conference with him and Fisher. Very nervous and shy and obviously still coming to grips with learning english, but I just like listening to him. Getting a good vibe from him.
Nervous and shy off the field but on the field is where he comes alive.

What I like is that despite the language gap, he seems to want to keep talking. He doesn't give one word answers, any question seems to elicit a considered and cohesive response. Seems to understand the game, his role and the realities of his situation. He wants to grow as a player and person, but clearly understands the work required to do so.

Can see why he was a captain as a junior, he's obviously an intelligent young man who communicates well despite his current limitations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I like is that despite the language gap, he seems to want to keep talking. He doesn't give one word answers, any question seems to elicit a considered and cohesive response. Seems to understand the game, his role and the realities of his situation. He wants to grow as a player and person, but clearly understands the work required to do so.

Can see why he was a captain as a junior, he's obviously an intelligent young man who communicates well despite his current limitations.

Agreed.

I don't think he came across as shy at all in that interview...i think it's just the way he talks quite quick and softly that may give that impression but the fact he talks quite a lot indicates he's not shy.

I saw it on one of the Herald Sun's live draft chat journo blog that Buckenara said Brodie was going to be taken by us if SPS wasn't available, according to industry insiders.

i would say the info is pretty much on the money, most of the expert phantom drafts 24 hours before the draft had most of the top 10 correct (certainly top 5)
That would have meant us passing on one of the four selected before SPS, which I very much doubt would have happened, but who can say for sure?

Think I saw him in the Halls Creek doco autographing a jumper with #5 - that's exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back