Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think there is any need to down Curnow in the discussion of Sps or Dow development. Curnow has been a servant of the club, he can be relied upon to give full effort and brings a lot of defensive effort and run to the midfield. His spot is there for the taking and until now the young boys have not been able to demand it. Samo was left too long in the back line. They sent him back to the 2’s to focus on being more attacking with his kicking and to look further up the field. He is a team oriented rick averse mind who doesn’t want to take risks and turn it over so ends up kicking it short and safe. Usually leaving the ball with someone less Skilled to make the tough attacking kick.
It’s still not clear if he has the running ability but some confidence to make the attacking kicks will make a really big difference to Samo’s output. I was please to see him back in the 2’s playing mid and pleased he is not back at half back in the 1’s

As a matter of interest, WCE have the following draft picks:
10, 29, 36, 49, 65

What's he worth OOC and nominating a single club? Realistically I'm thinking 29 or 36.

We'll struggle to get that to be honest.

Maybe a deal involving Brander who wants out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor draft selection, poor development or both?

Either way, hope he can get his head in the game and carve out a career. Best of luck Samo.

Kinda wish we could have tried to convince him to stay for 1 year under a new coach.

Really poor return on a high draft pick, and thats probably mostly on the club.

can't cop this at all.............
Yep, this 'should haver played him in the middle garbage"..... Yet to have the tank to play mid-field otherwise he would have been.
Best thing for him was to push him back and have the ball in front of him whilst he worked on his craft, body & endurance.
For reasons I don't understand, is yet to have any of them ticked off. Has the talent, from afar, appears to lack the application to make the most of those talents.
Hope he becomes the player we expected him to be at WC, seemed a likeable kind.

Sad but probably for the best. He needs the fresh start.

Ahead of cerra by comparison in virtually every stat over each of their first 3 years. He's got brownlow votes in the middle too. One Teague and the coaches right royally ****ed up trying to shoehorn themselves the next mcleod (which Teague said himself) an experiment they stuck with for far too long. Sps is a great guy and highly talented, if unrealised yet.

I hope he kills it at West Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back