50,000 and Beyond..

How many Members can the Club pull in 2017?

• Less than 60k

Votes: 18 41.9%

Votes: 12 27.9%

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • More than 70k

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
50,000 is a mean haul when you consider what the club gave a car away for a few years back!

But can we join the 70,000 Club in 2017?

Where would the new members come from?

Some opinions are that 70k is the Ceiling.

Should Port strive to be the first AFL Club 100,000?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this. If we manage to notch 60k again after the last two years we've had, we're doing great.

yea maybe too good! i can't see 70 but who knows how big this year will be..

Hopefully we start making some decent profits of more than 14k.
When I was a kid that was the prize in SA Lotteries first lottery draw in 1967. I vaguely remember the state went bunta. They amped it up to add a $30,000 prize, again bunta. Or maybe it was only the adults in my family. Anyway for those historical reason my aspiration for 2017 is a $30,000 profit.

KT mentioned at an AGM one year if we were to start posting exorbitant profits like your Hawks, Pies, etc. then we wouldn't be putting enough back into the community.

...and the SANFL would raid our coffers if they smelled money.

KT mentioned at an AGM one year if we were to start posting exorbitant profits like your Hawks, Pies, etc. then we wouldn't be putting enough back into the community.

Good point.

I read that we invested $2m more into our Academies last year + we still made a profit.

When I was a kid that was the prize in SA Lotteries first lottery draw in 1967. I vaguely remember the state went bunta. They amped it up to add a $30,000 prize, again bunta. Or maybe it was only the adults in my family. Anyway for those historical reason my aspiration for 2017 is a $30,000 profit.

I recall a family in Woomera winning the $14,000. They splashed out on a Fairmont, which was a little bit fancy for Woomera.

It must be time for the club to give away another Renault.

Surely that would bump us over 70k?

Back