Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes is being groomed, feted and publicised as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even Rootchi penned an article this week on Cornes which was palpably directed media proclamation on the wonders of the man. The article even mentioned how purposefully unbiased Cornes is with anything Port Adelaide ! Give me strength!

But for all the cliquey, manicured message and just plain 'Eddie everywhere' exposure saturation, the guy is dead set BORING ! He's just boring.

Anyway that's my unbiased view.
Rucci also works for Crocmedia.

We all know he easily you can buy his "opinion" pieces with how Port paid for him to go to China and the favourable content about that.

The guy has no ethics in this regard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I actually don't mind Ginever. Bleeds black and white (hint of teal) but is not going to guild the lilly and calls the pear out if he sees something he doesn't like.

While Kane was about to hit money shot lauding praise on the all conquering paawa during half time of the collywobbles game, Ginever was a lot more reserved and prgamatic about the concerns he had.

I remember him interviewing one of the power players after a loss years ago (can't remember his name - short arse, sam gray lookalike, had a edwards/mcleod like gf issue going on at the club with another teammate... him anyway.) After the loss this player was saying that despite the loss, the pear supporters would be happy with that effort, and Ginever promptly told him that he clearly doesn't know port supporters at all then.

Whatever the show is called, the 6 to 7 show on 5aa is awful

Football nation on the weekend is just as awful.

What happened to the decent 3AW crew (not including Shaw)
Hutchy and croc media happened. Radio coverage has been god awful this year.

Bicks and Tim Ginever could do a really good drive time show.

Ginever is one Port person who does not feel he needs to get into the hyperbole of how great they are. Nor does he have a chip on his shoulder. He calls things how they are and both he and Bicks are genuine sporting people who know their stuff and can appreciate other sports.

Plus they both speak well.

Yep. I think Timmy G is one Port man that the rest of us can listen to. He's often very critical of the club and not afraid to call out bullshit. Plus a genuinely funny guy and brilliant bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy and croc media happened. Radio coverage has been god awful this year.

I listen to Hutchy and Damo's Sounding Board podcast and it can be interesting but they were raving on about Kane saying how refreshing it is that someone in SA has a strong opinion that can 'cut through' and I cringed. All Kane does is troll Crows fans by being as clickbait as possible with his 'opinions'. That's not having a strong opinion that's making a living from trolling.

I listen to Hutchy and Damo's Sounding Board podcast and it can be interesting but they were raving on about Kane saying how refreshing it is that someone in SA has a strong opinion that can 'cut through' and I cringed. All Kane does is troll Crows fans by being as clickbait as possible with his 'opinions'. That's not having a strong opinion that's making a living from trolling.
Yeah I listened to that. They completely missed the mark about the SA market.

Unlike WA, we have 1 club that dominates and one still that is marginal, no matter what they try to say.

So Port have to work more with the media whereas we do what we want. And it shows with how the media treat us.

The Crows media (Jarman, Roo, KG, Bicks) are just lazy. Act more like WA.

But Port media (Rooch, Kornes, Dittmar) are more aggressive trying to push an agenda. Every little thing Port do well is amplified. Every little thing we do badly is same.

Compare Ollie Wines resigning to Taylor Walker. Ollie everywheres been everywhere. Gonna be a 300 gamer he is. Just like Tex would have if he didn't lose a season with a knee.

SEN would be fantastic but the original 1323 incarnation with Popplestone etc was shite

I just stream SEN on my phone. Doesn't chew up a great deal of data either.

Only thing is you'll be an expert on how s**t traffic on the Monash, Tulla and West Gate are and oblivious to the 30 minute traffic jam you're about to hit on South Rd :D

It's a shame that SEN failed here.

Yep. I think Timmy G is one Port man that the rest of us can listen to. He's often very critical of the club and not afraid to call out bullshit. Plus a genuinely funny guy and brilliant bloke.

Agreed. Not afraid to say what needs to be said but doesn't blatantly say something purely for click bait.

I just stream SEN on my phone. Doesn't chew up a great deal of data either.

Only thing is you'll be an expert on how s**t traffic on the Monash, Tulla and West Gate are and oblivious to the 30 minute traffic jam you're about to hit on South Rd :D

It's a shame that SEN failed here.
And want to buy a Bertochi ham.

I wish the AFL would enforce some sort of standards on AFL nation. It sounds less professional than student radio

I don't listen to footy on the radio a lot, but there was, to me, a noticeable change when the interstate broadcasts changed from "3AW" to "AFL Nation" - and yes, it sounds more amateur / less interesting.

Has there been a significant change in personnel? I'm guessing it's all Croc Media people now.

- Oh, and Kornes is now turning up on Footy Classified, sitting at the right hand of Hutchy :rolleyes:

I don't listen to footy on the radio a lot, but there was, to me, a noticeable change when the interstate broadcasts changed from "3AW" to "AFL Nation" - and yes, it sounds more amateur / less interesting.

Has there been a significant change in personnel? I'm guessing it's all Croc Media people now.

- Oh, and Kornes is now turning up on Footy Classified, sitting at the right hand of Hutchy :rolleyes:

Somehow he is the Golden Child !

Somehow he is the Golden Child !
It's cause Hutchy has declared him so. CrocMedia got their fingers in damn near everything now. He's pushing Kane because Kane works for him, no other reason.

Tredders is still the most honest and level headed ones from SA I've seen, but he works for MMM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back