Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

So the club might be doing well at ignoring Rucci but we arent. We quote him, we link his articles and we respond to him on radio

We need to just ignore him.

That's true but that's the point isn't it?
Like it's pretty clear that he's ramped up against us since Fagan came!

I almost feel like the chief footy writer of the states biggest paper should be neither a crows pear supporter

I didn't know where to put this question but since Rucci works at the advertiser calling himself a journalist I thought it links.

Has anyone read the Scott Hodges article and can give me a run down?

if you type, Scott hodges my footy hell into google, it should be the first article and you bypass the paywall

So the club might be doing well at ignoring Rucci but we arent. We quote him, we link his articles and we respond to him on radio

We need to just ignore him.

Now where's the fun in that?

"for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing."

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing."

"He should know that bad men need no better opportunity than when good men look on and do nothing."

This is war godammit! And Rucci is an enemy of the Crows. I say torch that campaigner at every opportunity.:)

Grab the garden tools! Light the torches!! Unleash the dogs! Awaken the Kraken!

Last edited:
Now where's the fun in that?

"for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing."

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing."

"He should know that bad men need no better opportunity than when good men look on and do nothing."

This is war godammit! And Rucci is an enemy of the Crows. I say torch that campaigner at every opportunity.:)

If we don't respond, he wins! It's that simple. That's what he wants because it gives him license to paint what ever picture of the Crows he likes. By the Crows publicly denouncing his articles authenticity Rucci has to justify himself and of late he is fast losing his readership because of his inability to justify himself.

If we don't respond, he wins! It's that simple. That's what he wants because it gives him license to paint what ever picture of the Crows he likes. By the Crows publicly denouncing his articles authenticity Rucci has to justify himself and of late he is fast losing his readership because of his inability to justify himself.
h35AdcH.jpg

Fake news ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely like Michaelangelo and enjoy listening to him on the radio and i've met him a couple of times when I've run into him (I work close to the Advertiser building) and he couldn't be nicer but bloody hell.....I saw him last Thursday around noon crossing the road with Andrew Capel (they were heading to the Cibo across the road from the 'Tiser) and Rooch had on these baggy jeans which were almost halfway down his arse and his tracksuit jacket with his hair all messy. He looked like a little kid being led across the road by Capel. I hope he is alright

I genuinely like Michaelangelo and enjoy listening to him on the radio and i've met him a couple of times when I've run into him (I work close to the Advertiser building) and he couldn't be nicer but bloody hell.....I saw him last Thursday around noon crossing the road with Andrew Capel (they were heading to the Cibo across the road from the 'Tiser) and Rooch had on these baggy jeans which were almost halfway down his arse and his tracksuit jacket with his hair all messy. He looked like a little kid being led across the road by Capel. I hope he is alright

futurama don.jpg

I'm proud to say I haven't purchased an advertiser in years now. Also boycott 5aa. Ten years ago I was an avid reader and listener of both.
Exactly the same. About once every two months I flick 5aa on or read an Advertiser (never buy it though). Lasts all of about 2 minutes before I confirm nothing has changed and I leave it again.
It amazes me that the journalists who opt for the lowest common denominator don't realise that by doing so they are in fact denigrating themselves and their job at the same time. Just dumb.

I seem to remember some moron (aka Rucci) on the radio once bag Crows supporters for leaving early against Melbourne.

Specifically he tried to justify Port supporters leaving early because they don't leave when the game is still in the balance. From memory I think he said something along the lines of that he could never forgive and forget the sight of Adelaide supporters leaving the game when they were only 16(or so) points down late in the game.

Pretty sure this will be yet another time that he makes a massive issue of something when it involves Adelaide, but treats the same situation with kid gloves when it eventually happens to Port.

Last edited:
Exactly the same. About once every two months I flick 5aa on or read an Advertiser (never buy it though). Lasts all of about 2 minutes before I confirm nothing has changed and I leave it again.
It amazes me that the journalists who opt for the lowest common denominator don't realise that by doing so they are in fact denigrating themselves and their job at the same time. Just dumb.

I don't think Rucci cares anymore that he has no respect or credibility within media circles.

For him he's most probably laughing at how he's been able establish himself as a mole for the Port Adelaide Football Club and has been able to get away with it for 20+ years.

Did anyone read his article in Saturday’s paper? He was comparing teams to countries and compared Port to Portugal.

He wouldn’t compare Adelaide to a country (and I am sorry I can’t remember the exact wording) because we are so touchy (referring to the West Adelaide controversy) and then added that there were lots of rogue missiles around.

I can only conclude that he was comparing Adelaide to North Korea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back