Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

LiamPickering

All Australian
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is where Trigg's small-minded approach - i.e. feeding info to the local rag to control the local message - changed when Fagan arrived. He changed our media operations by using national media outlets - namely The Age - to go with any key information, and also funded "AFC Media" so we create and control our own news. And as we've found out, any fears that our message wouldn't get to the local market were proven false because Rucci and The Advertiser just quote from AFC Media articles/clips anyway!

Trigg and co were told that this was the way to go in the mid 2000s but ignored it, happy to be the big fish in a small pond. We got positive press printed for the fanbase because the club leaked to them. Now, people don't go to The Advertiser for Crows news.

Rucci is annoyed because the old journo way of sucking up to to someone in order to get information from them is obsolete - just as the print media itself is now cooked.
Things changed when we discovered YouTube and social media. The content is much better than any other club in the land and the choice has never been better. I personally love our clubs attitude in putting tonnes of resources into our media productions.

As a fan, yes it can sometimes be annoying that we don't comment on stuff like Jake Lever - but you know what, it's for the better. Some things just need to be kept quiet for the club to get the best outcome.

The only thing that sucks is whoever runs out twitter account is a touch lame but I can deal with that.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
And the failed fireman picked GWS

And no. I don't buy his baloney about needing to catch up in the tips

How's that add he does "blah blah 7 years - wish I had a contract like that "
Well you little lisping flog / you did - you could have had a job for life - you chucked it in.

Oh
And do something about that bed hair you got happening !

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sweep:

How long until Rucci starts #jumpergate and claims Richmond should be the team that wears their traditional jumper?

I'm going with tomorrow's Sunday Mail! Probably already on the phone to the AFL citing precedence as to why it should be a flat decision for Richmond to wear the jumper and not even a coin toss.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sweep:

How long until Rucci starts #jumpergate and claims Richmond should be the team that wears their traditional jumper?

I'm going with tomorrow's Sunday Mail! Probably already on the phone to the AFL citing precedence as to why it should be a flat decision for Richmond to wear the jumper and not even a coin toss.

If he so much as farts in the direction of our bandwagon / I'm drinking another bottle and a half of red and ringing them up !

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
What was that about?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

He was saying that the Showdown crowd for the Phil Walsh tribute game (notice how he always manages to give credit to Port even when he's giving us a backhanded compliment) saying that the Showdown crowd was bigger than last nights. What a w***er he is.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Well you little lisping flog / you did - you could have had a job for life - you chucked it in.

Oh

They're both such bitter little people. Could never bring themselves to tip us or the Tigers. Just realised this GF is Ports biggest nightmare as their two most hated clubs play off for the flag!!!! Ha ha ha what a year!

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
He was saying that the Showdown crowd for the Phil Walsh tribute game (notice how he always manages to give credit to Port even when he's giving us a backhanded compliment) saying that the Showdown crowd was bigger than last nights. What a ****** he is.

The game was a flat sell out. So having a dig at the crowd is a shallow argument. If you delve deeper he would find that what is likely to have happened is scalpers failed to sell some of their high priced tickets. With the way the current ticketing system works, it is almost impossible to fill every seat because of scalpers. It should be one ticket per barcode. and two tickets on general public sale.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Sweep:

Nah hes been very open that its the higher finishing side gets the home jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm sure he'll be calling them about something. I feel bad for the poor person who has to continually answer the Rucc-phone.

It would be interesting to know all the anti crows stuff he has called afl house before about. I know he has tried to get Tex suspended, he and Mark Williams colluded to make sure the Crows didn't get Bryce Gibbs under father son. It would be very interesting indeed!

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Wow! Wish I'd heard that. I did hear Wallsy criticising the ratings that Richard Earle gave the Geelong players. He was very scathing. Implied Earle was an idiot.
Was hilarious, they were discussing an article in The Advertiser that was saying that we already had the flag won.

I think it was Plough who asked who wrote the article and when they said it was Rucci both he and Robert Walls laughed and said trust us Rucci is a die hard Port supporter who hates the Crows.

That's when Walls made the comment that Rucci is a very devious individual who would be hating that Adelaide are in the grand final and would do anything to try and derail them. He said that most likely he wrote the article in the hope that the Crows to get ahead of themselves or the opposition could use it for motivation.

It's hilarious that the Vic media can see straight through his garbage and see him for what he truly is.

johnnypanther

BigFooty Phantom
Mar 20, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Kenilworth
Up yours Rooch ..... go wallow in the huge pile of shyt that you write

rucci.jpg

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Oh
He does have a job for life. He will be in the media forever due to his surname.

He left the the Firies because his surname meant nothing there. He got in on his merit, but when he did not get preferential treatment on postings and shifts he spat the dummy.

Tbis is why I respect his brother. He wants to make it on his own in a cutthroat industry ie coaching.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was hilarious, they were discussing an article in The Advertiser that was saying that we already had the flag won.

I think it was Plough who asked who wrote the article and when they said it was Rucci both he and Robert Walls laughed and said trust us Rucci is a die hard Port supporter who hates the Crows.

That's when Walls made the comment that Rucci is a very devious individual who would be hating that Adelaide are in the grand final and would do anything to try and derail them. He said that most likely he wrote the article in the hope that the Crows to get ahead of themselves or the opposition could use it for motivation.

It's hilarious that the Vic media can see straight through his garbage and see him for what he truly is.

I can't work out why the creep has a job. It's utterly ridiculous.

Wow! Wish I'd heard that. I did hear Wallsy criticising the ratings that Richard Earle gave the Geelong players. He was very scathing. Implied Earle was an idiot.
That's 2 of the SA media Walls has got spot on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back