50, another manipulated/ misused rule amongst others..

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Forget my ranting about the rules for a moment, and answer this question for me any one , what were 50 m penalties originally for? And why have we this double 50 which I have seen twice in two weeks when I reckon I had seen it maybe once or twice over several years

I saw a round the neck last night that was impossible to call as a free it was totally accidental hurt nobody but a Crow player got the free, who instructs umpires to pay these almost non existing free kicks , when the tackle is totally legit , yet a hand for a split second on the shoulder , does not impede the tackled player and is so quick nothing stops! Hah... EXCEPT THE GAME , WHICH IS A BLIGHT ON OUR SPORT ,EVERY TIME A WHISTLE BLOWS FOR THIS SORT OF THING THAT HAS NO EFFECT EITHER WAY, THIS IS BASKETBALL FOUL TYPED PENALTY, Surely others see it.

So there is more than one question and I'll ask them forever , or until I give up following, they give us this magnificent sport that appears to be open and better this first couple of weeks , then they have this free kick regime, new YES, which the umps follow to the point of total lack of understanding,of the speed and the meaning of the sport?

Swans and Crows last night was good until the umps screwed it, or should I say the rules committee rules they are forced to use these days.

The main question again is WHY /// why does Mclachlan and the AFL commission keep this up, and why do they have so much power , when making rules , where is the public, this is our game , WHERE ARE THE CLUBS AND THE pRESIDENTS WHEN WILL SOMEONE STEP IN AND LOOK CLOSELY AT THE MONEY MACHINE THAT THE afl HAS BECOME , WHILE FORGETTING FOOTBALL TRADITION AND FAIRNESS. and again this year we see some improvement on the pack forming style of the game but still stupid unfair decisions by umpires perceptions .

Now another point , any one want to call me an idiot or actually make a point on this please go ahead. What is Gil plan into the future with this over umpired set up he's put in place, who the hell is this bloke and when will clubs take the game back.
My son reckons he's aiming at AFLX as the main elite game, I think he may be right , or he could turn the game into Gaelic Football? What ever he's doing him and his cronies, they are opening the game up to gambling like never before, not the gambling so much but the FIX which will happen, now this money hungry football hating fool Mclachlan will take it little step by little step until the game is recognisable , most of last night was good Coll v Rich was bloody fantastic, but last nights was ruined and have a look how a team falls away when the umpires start calling free after free for one team, it demoralises the players and Sydney did fall away.
That is another reason why year by year it gets damned easier to put in a fix!!!

Thats Gils friggin legacy?

Hello JoondalupJ. Enjoying your weekend so far?

Well I would be , but I really am asking what people think out there, I enjoyed the game Thursday , and I enjoyed last night until the usual happened, . I am not saying that in actuality, the game was changed last night, result wise, but some decisions were just unfair, and sure as hell made something happen that may have advantaged one or other of those clubs, that happens every week .

Now the rules stand, the new AFL rules that is, there seems nothing a supporter /member /fan can do, so I say it on BF .
That's all, and I say it all the time because THESE DAYS 9 GAMES A WEEK IT HAPPENS, IN EACH , NOTHING LIKE THE FREES OF THE PAST, AND THE PETTY STUFF LIKE UMPIRE TALK BACK , TOUGH LUCK UMPIRES , YOU DON'T CHANGE A GAME BECAUSE A GEARED UP FOOTBALLER GETS ANGRY AND CALLS YOU AN EFFING BLIND MAN, WHICH ON OCCASIONS YOU ARE!!!

So caloschwabby, I just asked again, what football people on FB actually feel or think or am I seeing things, but I get one liner answers but all I ever ask now is why? Why Have they changed the rules?
Why they have rules that are nonsensical and sometimes give unfair advantage?
Why do some rules appear like basketball fouls, not free kicks?

Yet the result of a free KICK!! Can be devastating, if the player has been making a genuine tackle thats legit but incidental touching for a split second in the wrong part of his opponents body? Creates a score.

It happens all the time. Simple , if you have an answer good, but my beef is actually as to WHY these things have changed. Why the 50 changed, to a punishment for nothing, why a ball off the back of a lower leg or foot from 2 feet out can be out on the full deliberately???
Why sometimes frees called are in the back or holding the ball and either pick can be right according to an umpires perception.

Why some marks that are marks are called by some umps and not by others ? Why 3 bloody umpires on the field miss stuff, that's all happened in the past, even back in the real "good old" days and umpires were great to rubbish because most stuff from behind the fence was funny, and the rules allowed most decisions to be correct, not now?
Am I the only one that sees this, even commentators, or some commentators, make the point I heard it last night? This is not advancement of the sport this is destruction of a fair sport .
Into a gamblers bliss as well.

WHY?

I will now give you relief from my blabbering, I'd just love some other's to tell me if I'm mad, I do this all the time, but I loved Thursday nights game.
but now it is an epidemic of unfairness .

Oh hows your weekend going ? Take it easy, I'm gone!

Oh hows your weekend going ? Take it easy, I'm gone!
Pretty good thanks. Just finishing up some Legal Studies homework and might go for a bit of a drive through this storm that's descended upon Melbourne out of nowhere.
Might watch some footy after that, either West Coast v GWS or Melb v Geelong.
Will be a cracking night, hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend mate!

Pretty good thanks. Just finishing up some Legal Studies homework and might go for a bit of a drive through this storm that's descended upon Melbourne out of nowhere.
Might watch some footy after that, either West Coast v GWS or Melb v Geelong.
Will be a cracking night, hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend mate!

Sounds like a good plan , WCE and GWS right now I think Dees are sunk. But yes have a good weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back