Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Is this true? I’d have thought a player retiring is their call, so they are either breaking contract and giving up what is left on the contract. Or if the club forces the issue, there might be a settlement of sorts to part pay out the remainder of a contract. How does free agency come in to it.
Think what he means is to stop clubs signing a free agent on a million a year and then cancelling the contact halfway through it has to stay in the cap.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Ben Brown recaptures last year's form, kicks bags in finals and leads us to another flag will he be known as the Vegan Clark Keating?

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
If Ben Brown recaptures last year's form, kicks bags in finals and leads us to another flag will he be known as the Vegan Clark Keating?
People here will still call him a spud. The irrational hate for him based on playing a gameplan that doesn't suit him is ridiculous.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Look surprisingly agile on the ground for us but if we are relying on Ben Brown to kick 3 goals a week from snaps and ground ball picks ups we are absolutely ****ed cause that's not gonna last. The fact that despite all the wanking pre season that we've fixed our ball movement from certain posters and Browns kicking goals from balls he's picking up off the ground shows we haven't fixed a ******* thing

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
Look surprisingly agile on the ground for us but if we are relying on Ben Brown to kick 3 goals a week from snaps and ground ball picks ups we are absolutely ed cause that's not gonna last. The fact that despite all the wanking pre season that we've fixed our ball movement from certain posters and Browns kicking goals from balls he's picking up off the ground shows we haven't fixed a *** thing
Yes, as I said above you can't knock a bloke when he gets the worst delivery in the league. I don't buy into this changed game plan talk at all - we seem to be doing exactly the same rubbish delivery as we did last year.
Brown is going well though, hope some people around here are eating a nice slice of humble pie.

Apparently his preseason form was really strong and they couldn’t justify not picking him for r1. Hoping for a 45+ goal year after the way he’s started.
First time he has had a good uninterrupted pre season too

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Apparently his preseason form was really strong and they couldn’t justify not picking him for r1. Hoping for a 45+ goal year after the way he’s started.
Can't see it. Happy to be wrong here but he has had 0 impact in the air and I can't see this run of goals off the deck continuing. Gonna go goalless a few times if he can't mark it.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can't see it. Happy to be wrong here but he has had 0 impact in the air and I can't see this run of goals off the deck continuing. Gonna go goalless a few times if he can't mark it.

He has to kick just under two goals a game to get to 45 assuming he plays all H&A games but not including finals. Think hes done pretty well so far with the delivery hes been givne.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He has to kick just under two goals a game to get to 45 assuming he plays all H&A games but not including finals. Think hes done pretty well so far with the delivery hes been givne.
How many guys kick 45? Probably ~10 in the comp would be my guess. ( Just looked only 15)

Kicking dribblers from 30 and snaps out of packs is awesome but not sustainable. If he can't get his bread and butter goals this won't last

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
How many guys kick 45? Probably ~10 in the comp would be my guess. ( Just looked only 15)

Kicking dribblers from 30 and snaps out of packs is awesome but not sustainable. If he can't get his bread and butter goals this won't last
I honestly can't remember a Melbourne forward marking on the lead since Neitz

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It all comes down to whether his knee can hold up.

When he's able to hit up the wings and use his tank to work his defender over he's a much more effective forward.

Has averaged 15 touches, 4 goals and 6.5 marks across 2 games. He's actually a lovely kick around the ground too - but if he's back to shuffling around and we're putting it on his head in a pack he'll go back to those 5-6 touches and 2-3 marks a game with a goal if he's lucky.

Would be handy if Tmac pulled his finger out or JVR came on quicker than expected.

It all comes down to whether his knee can hold up.

When he's able to hit up the wings and use his tank to work his defender over he's a much more effective forward.

Has averaged 15 touches, 4 goals and 6.5 marks across 2 games. He's actually a lovely kick around the ground too - but if he's back to shuffling around and we're putting it on his head in a pack he'll go back to those 5-6 touches and 2-3 marks a game with a goal if he's lucky.

Would be handy if Tmac pulled his finger out or JVR came on quicker than expected.
This, and realistically I don't think it's worth pushing him to play every h&a game and cooking him. 15 games would be great; doubt he gets to 45 goals in that but if he can get 35ish that'd be great.

He could have some zero games and still hit 45 tbf. 40 would be a good return from someone we all thought was washed tbh. At the very least he’s now making opposition coaches think again.

Josh jenkins kicked 40+ 5 years in a row with majority being Joe the Gooses

Anything is possible

Back