Player Watch #50: Ben Brown - finished 2018 with 61 goals - second in Coleman Medal

muttley45

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts
Coming of an interrupted pre-season, so understandably isn't quite up to scratch just yet, new rules should be of some benefit to him too, only $7 for Coleman, behind Buddy and Josh Kennedy, an injury free season, and some better quality delivery should mean a 70-80+ goal return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Historically he's covered huge KMs for any player let alone a KPF. In the 2nd half of last season no idea what his stats were but I observed him standing and flapping his arms in congestion at contests most of the time. Would assume his KMs were down during that period but haven't confirmed.
Would be interesting to see his numbers, last half of the season was only average output wise.
To be honest if he is covering 15km a game i would like to see him get it abit more, at least 1 disposal per km. you are right though last half of the season he was searching for the infringement a little more than i would like. not saying it wasnt there though.

DesertRoo

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I heard part of an interview on Triple M last week before the game, I think they were talking to Jarred Moore. They posed the question “Where could BB improve? I think his endurance needs some work so he can get up and down the ground” (or something to that effect). The response was “uhhh, he’s actually one of the best endurance runners at the club. He’s constantly top of the kms run in a game”.

Nothing like doing a bit of research before spout off ideas!
One thing I think he could improve is the ability to use his knees or feet on the lead like Waite.
He needs a hurt a few defenders for dropping in front of him.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Moderator #3,710
Was that a marking contest?
Yep, and Smith put his foot out to protect space as the Cats player approached, missing him by a mile. It appears it's going to be ruled like in Soccer with the studs up rule for tackling. If it looks dangerous it's enough for a free kick.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #3,711
Yep, and Smith put his foot out to protect space as the Cats player approached, missing him by a mile. It appears it's going to be ruled like in Soccer with the studs up rule for tackling. If it looks dangerous it's enough for a free kick.
Oh Goodie. Or should I say Goodsie.

In a game of subjective judgements things just got a whole lot more subjective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dont like it. What about Ruck contests, cant do it either i imagine.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Onya Browny.

Start knocking out 200cm Ranga boys now!

Here's one from the vault:

Great game to watch, just absolutely demolished them and Ben Brown was just red hot, nothing stressful about that match.

Something about us at Blundstone, not even the ground itself we just manage to turn it up, like that match against West Coast was just unreal. We decimated them.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great game to watch, just absolutely demolished them and Ben Brown was just red hot, nothing stressful about that match.

Something about us at Blundstone, not even the ground itself we just manage to turn it up, like that match against West Coast was just unreal. We decimated them.
Plus a JZ wrecking ball special on Davis if I recall correctly - unless that was 2017?

Top Bottom