Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't won a flag in 20 years and he thinks he can go out and find the time to have kids?!

“Angel” clearly a reference to his Catholicism - stop using MY club as a vehicle for your religious agenda and concentrate on winning a flag!!

;););)

Last edited:
“Angel” clearly a reference to his Catholicism - stop using MY club as a vehicle for your religious agenda and concentrate on winning a flag!!

You two must be drinking to much and gone paranoid;).

They guy is just happily living life!

Can’t see how people think they can trash our players daily and be great supporters!

You two must be drinking to much and gone paranoid;).

They guy is just happily living life!

Can’t see how people think they can trash our players daily and be great supporters!

He's being sarcastic about Ben's political platforming of his footy profile.

Nick Reiwoldt’s Top 10 Key Forwards for 2019:

10. Tom McDonald
9. Ben Brown
8. Jordan De Goey (yeah righto)
7. Jeremy Cameron
6. Jesse Hogan
5. Tom Hawkins
4. Tom Lynch
3. Jack Riewoldt
2. Josh Kennedy
1. Lance Franklin

LOL.

Nick Reiwoldt’s Top 10 Key Forwards for 2019:

10. Tom McDonald
9. Ben Brown
8. Jordan De Goey (yeah righto)
7. Jeremy Cameron
6. Jesse Hogan
5. Tom Hawkins
4. Tom Lynch
3. Jack Riewoldt
2. Josh Kennedy
1. Lance Franklin

LOL.

He's about as sincere as a 3 dollar note, and just about as useful.

He's about as sincere as a 3 dollar note, and just about as useful.
And as such has fitted seamlessly into the breakfast show with Lyon and "don't mention the drugs" Watson.

And as such has fitted seamlessly into the breakfast show with Lyon and "don't mention the drugs" Watson.

Another pointless talking head that will play to the front row seats every time he opens his mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's been interesting is not only is Brown underdone as we know, his goal kicking seems to have dropped off slightly as well if JLT is any guide. One thing we can't afford is for him to miss anything gettable, given he's only been touching it few times a game.

What's been interesting is not only is Brown underdone as we know, his goal kicking seems to have dropped off slightly as well if JLT is any guide. One thing we can't afford is for him to miss anything gettable, given he's only been touching it few times a game.
I'm not expecting as sttrong of a start to the year as he had last year, hopefully he can pick things up in the second half.

He trailed off badly on all fronts in 2018.

Hopefully it's just conditioning but the number of games late last year (and the JLT this year) that he looked like a 2009-10 David Hale didn't make for nice viewing. Standing between 3 defenders and drawing illegal contact isn't the most productive strategy in the world.

He trailed off badly on all fronts in 2018.

Hopefully it's just conditioning but the number of games late last year (and the JLT this year) that he looked like a 2009-10 David Hale didn't make for nice viewing. Standing between 3 defenders and drawing illegal contact isn't the most productive strategy in the world.

Well said - I'm also looking forward to see if he's added some new skills to his style. Every elite forward (especially talls) gets attention from defenders and Ben needs to adapt.

That said our mids to need to remember not to kick it to him if he's being drowned, and Ben himself needs to draw them out of the way if so.

Well said - I'm also looking forward to see if he's added some new skills to his style. Every elite forward (especially talls) gets attention from defenders and Ben needs to adapt.

That said our mids to need to remember not to kick it to him if he's being drowned, and Ben himself needs to draw them out of the way if so.

Agree, our delivery and gamestyle hasn't helped him at times but there were times such as when Schofield absolutely schooled him vs WC that he was simply playing poorly (possibly hampered by injury).

What's unclear is whether his reluctance to move around during games when he's failing to have an impact has been due to such an injury, under instruction or because he's just not doing it enough. As you say elite tall forwards find other ways to alter games when things aren't working for them.

Agree, our delivery and gamestyle hasn't helped him at times but there were times such as when Schofield absolutely schooled him vs WC that he was simply playing poorly (possibly hampered by injury).

What's unclear is whether his reluctance to move around during games when he's failing to have an impact has been due to such an injury, under instruction or because he's just not doing it enough. As you say elite tall forwards find other ways to alter games when things aren't working for them.
Does'nt he constantly rack up high Km's, moves around a fair bit maybe should conserve some energy.

Does'nt he constantly rack up high Km's, moves around a fair bit maybe should conserve some energy.

Historically he's covered huge KMs for any player let alone a KPF. In the 2nd half of last season no idea what his stats were but I observed him standing and flapping his arms in congestion at contests most of the time. Would assume his KMs were down during that period but haven't confirmed.

I heard part of an interview on Triple M last week before the game, I think they were talking to Jarred Moore. They posed the question “Where could BB improve? I think his endurance needs some work so he can get up and down the ground” (or something to that effect). The response was “uhhh, he’s actually one of the best endurance runners at the club. He’s constantly top of the kms run in a game”.

Nothing like doing a bit of research before spout off ideas!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back