Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast becoming part of the floppety flop group of current players in the AFL.

But aside from that anyone see his first tackle (although a free kick) and that half hanging mark on the wing? Must have had his first cheeseburger on the weekend because that's the type of intensity I want to see more of from Ben Brown, Voracious and hungry! Give me more.

He dived and it was embarrassing. Not the first time he has flopped. I know he gets a stiff run with the umpires most the time so he obviously thinks he needs to exacerbate the holds and shoves so they will notice but I reckon it's a bad look.
Dived as in premeditated staging? Nah. Gangly dude who has a way of looking extra awkward when he does get infringed? Sure.

Just read the Fox Sports article on Brown's comments on the Footy Show last night regarding Folau and two AFL players liking those comments. Brown spoke all the right things, but the Facebook comments against him were absolutely vicious. He spoke about importance of being a role model, but the Floggard comments on diving have now really ruined Ben's image for years to come I reckon. Every idiot is now saying Ben's a diver, therefore a poor role model, so has no right to comment on Folau's case. Whilst we shouldn't really care about idiots on Facebook (who are a large part of our society I might add) I still think Goddard should pay the price for making those comments. If it were possible to sue him for defamation (or reputational damage) I'd certainly consider all options...

Is Brown the type to get angry and play better after this type of attack or are we expecting a drop off tomorrow?

Is Brown the type to get angry and play better after this type of attack or are we expecting a drop off tomorrow?

Came out better against Adelaide after Duck's spray.

If the midfield can get him good delivery it will help.

I hope he gets some free kicks against the scum, the crowed is gona lose their s**t, nothing better than bomber fans having mental breakdowns.
Off the top of my head they had Lloyed diving for 10 years, Angus Monfries even changed his name to Angus Wantsfrees and then they had a Jetta that loved a flop, could really go on and on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he gets some free kicks against the scum, the crowed is gona lose their s**t, nothing better than bomber fans having mental breakdowns.
Off the top of my head they had Lloyed diving for 10 years, Angus Monfries even changed his name to Angus Wantsfrees and then they had a Jetta that loved a flop, could really go on and on.

If Ben gets even a remotely contentious free in the 1st half, the almighty over correction we'd cop in the 2nd half wouldn't be worth it.

I've little doubt he'll come out as fired up as he did last week. It's the umpires swallowing their whistles as he carries two Bummers on each arm that I'm worried about.

I really enjoyed that effort in the first minute to really lay into a tackle against the Crows, and it was clearly in response to the criticism he had and Duck loved it too.

My issue being that tackling effort waned as the game went on, he needs to persist with that intensity.

This upcoming game is probably the most he's ever come under the microscope as a player and honestly for good reason, despite the free kick being there, that flop will forever taint anyone as a player and justifiably so, if we're to hold Rance accountable for this then the same measuring stick applies to even our own players, it's not a good look.

I feel like Brown resorts to these free kick efforts when the initial effort of genuinely winning contests and the ball fails especially when we're down in the scoring margin. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, just don't put too much mayo on it to the point of flopping.

The only way for Brown to come out of Good Friday unscathed is to play as honest of a game as possible while performing well, which is an EXTREMELY tall order for anyone but umpires, players and the media will be breathing down his neck and its all because of people like Goddard drumming it up to be a bigger issue than it is.

Essendon WILL be looking to take advantage of this as much as possible to shut him out of the game, I'm interested to see what the counter-plan is for this.

Serious question, when did he go vegan? Was it before the season last year or during the season? I don’t think it’s doing him any favours. He looks weaker to my eyes. He’s never been a powerful type but he used to take a lot more contested marks, now he seems to get blocked a lot easier.

Surely being a vegan isn’t the ideal diet for an afl footballer.

I am not sure bring a vegan is the issue but certainly his intent should be questioned. Needs to decide if he wants to be a leader of the team on field as right now he is showing zero leadership

Serious question, when did he go vegan? Was it before the season last year or during the season? I don’t think it’s doing him any favours. He looks weaker to my eyes. He’s never been a powerful type but he used to take a lot more contested marks, now he seems to get blocked a lot easier.

It’s not even that he should crush blokes that are under him. Look at Turner as skinny as they come, but he launches right into someone and makes them think twice about going again.

Became a vegan at the start of 2018.

https://www.remedydrinks.com/au/blog/ben-brown/?SID=3addaf4e5fda41d9fa8899fd756b1845

Remove this Banner Ad

Back