Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

If he doesn't come up perhaps we try something completely different and go with one tall (Larkey), then a stack of mid and smaller players around him who can also rotate through the mid, ie Zurhaar, Higgins, Garner, Ziebs (if fit), Turner, Jai, Tarryn, Cunners, JMac and Dumont.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If he doesn't come up perhaps we try something completely different and go with one tall (Larkey), then a stack of mid and smaller players around him who can also rotate through the mid, ie Zurhaar, Higgins, Garner, Ziebs (if fit), Turner, Jai, Tarryn, Cunners, JMac and Dumont.

could unlock new frontier

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I am confident Ben will play round 1. In the interim it would be great to see a structure that revolves around more small to mid size players being hit up on the lead rather than the old kick it to Ben on the lead routine.

i reckon it did
You have to remember that my post all those years ago was written when Tarrant was playing in the forward line. I thought Brown was worth a go in the forward line in his first year, and I was proven right. Nothing agaisnt Robbie who has become a great full back since.

Yeah, nah.

We have Ziebell, Garner, Thomas, Hosie all capable of that role.

If Brown has indeed injured his calf, this puts Comben right in the Rnd 1 conversation.

He’ll certainly be partnering Larkey in the pre-season games.

Part of me is like, hmmmm, putting him up against battle hardened St Kilda backs like Jake Carlisle?

The other part of me is like - oh him clunking them over Jake Carlisle would be so sweet.

I'd be willing to play Tarryn out of the square with Larkey roaming and opening up space.

Tarryn can play tall as a forward.

Part of me is like, hmmmm, putting him up against battle hardened St Kilda backs like Jake Carlisle?

The other part of me is like - oh him clunking them over Jake Carlisle would be so sweet.
Just like Max King reportedly did you him in the praccy

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bob Murphy reckon Brown and Tarrant injuries are based on Rhys wanting to catch Richmond and our training loads being increased as a result.
Linked us in with Carlton and * issues this pre season.

It’s got nothing to do with Richmond and all to do with the previous regime

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bob Murphy reckon Brown and Tarrant injuries are based on Rhys wanting to catch Richmond and our training loads being increased as a result.
Linked us in with Carlton and * issues this pre season.

It’s got nothing to do with Richmond and all to do with the previous regime

In all seriousness, he’d have no idea.

Last edited:
Back