Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Has signed until 2020.

Anywho I'm off to bed so I can get up extra early and purchase the Herald Sun, back page will be about how the Pies missed their man and will they ever get a decent KPF.

Part of their 'sell' was that Ben wouldn't need to play in Tassie ever again.:rolleyes::drunk:

Yes - not sure if you understand me or not, I will rework what I mean.

He earns X amount next year as part of his old contract, and it has been obvious he will be worth twice that in 2019 and 2020.

What has made the Kangaroos do this now is that we aren't getting Dusty or Kelly. Instead of getting:
2018: X
2019: X+X
2020: X+X

He probably has a deal where he gets:

2018: X+X+X
2019: X
2020: X

So my guess is he is on 400k from his last contract and now demands 800k. So we play him 1.2 mill in 2018 and then 400k for 19 and 20. This gives him the same money, but frees up cap space for the 19 and 20 season so we can go after the next lot of free agents.

One of the true good guys, fingers crossed he can finally do a preseason!
I hope so. We saw how good he finished the year off. Confidence was sky high and was clunky everything. Makes a mockery of those players that need run of games to even get close to it (maj).

Cult figure status now.

One shipment of BBB wigs sold on game day should cover his payrise
I'm shocked they haven't got onto this yet. Would be excellent seeing most of the north supporters wearing brown wigs in the crowd. It'd be like the 70s all over again when i was fending women off with sticks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the names ahead of him on Robbo's top 50...Tom Lynch (Adel) give me a spell.

Brown is one of the Top 3 Key Forwards in the game.

Easily.

He shits all over Lynch from the greatest of heights.

Time for Mike to officially hang up his boots (keyboard) if he thinks Lynch is better than Brown.

Laughable.

EDIT - just checked the 25 as interested. Lynch isn't there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back