Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a tackle and would of been fair game as little as 2 years ago, but where was the spirit?

Not one bloke got over to Grundy......the only bloke having even a word was Larkey ffs.....
Yep , was at the game saying the exact same thing . These are the times when we miss spud .

Was a tackle and would of been fair game as little as 2 years ago, but where was the spirit?

Not one bloke got over to Grundy......the only bloke having even a word was Larkey ffs.....
Well I think that the fact that none of Brown's teammates gave Grundy a talking to just shows you that the tackle was completely fair and that it was a simple accident.

If it was a sling tackle, I bet you anything they would've flocked to him.

He's a different sort of bloke.

His fiance plays netball at Parkville and he'll rock up to watch. Sits there in daggy old trackies, a painter's hoodie and dad runners like he could be any other man you've ever seen and ignored in your life.

He is as crucial to this club as any player we've ever had IMO. The future.

Well I think that the fact that none of Brown's teammates gave Grundy a talking to just shows you that the tackle was completely fair and that it was a simple accident.

Doesn't matter. One of our players is on the ground not moving.

Should be some sort of remonstration in the heat of the moment.

Doesn't matter. One of our players is on the ground not moving.

Should be some sort of remonstration in the heat of the moment.
That's pointless. What would they say to him? "Hey, Brodie! How dare you lay a good tackle on Browny, in which he accidentally got hurt!"

They're smart enough to know that Grundy did nothing wrong, so there was no point in going to him.

That's pointless. What would they say to him? "Hey, Brodie! How dare you lay a good tackle on Browny, in which he accidentally got hurt!"

They're smart enough to know that Grundy did nothing wrong, so there was no point in going to him.

Footy is sposed to be played with passion and commitment to your team.

Hey mate really glad you're here Northsplaining, but would you mind, you know, not?

Not really sure what you're hoping to achieve but before the natives get a bit restless, I'd suggest finishing up and heading back to your own board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but why try to start something with another player when there's no need to?

Even Michael Firrito would know that Grundy did nothing wrong.

Firrito would've tried to put Grundy's head into the next suburb. As is his wont.

Cease thine Northsplaining.

True, but why try to start something with another player when there's no need to?

Even Michael Firrito would know that Grundy did nothing wrong.

Its not about who did what wrong. Its about seeing your teammate on the ground after a contest and not approving. There shouldn't be time for the nerve impulses to go thru the rational parts of your brain before you respond.

It sends messages - to your teammates and the opposition - about your teams commitment to each other and about you having each others back.

You get in there and get up the other guy even if you are both laughing about it over beers after the game.

Firrito would've tried to put Grundy's head into the next suburb. As is his wont.
If he did, then that was be the most stupid thing I've seen on a footy field since Reece Conca elbowed Devon Smith in the back of the head for no reason.

Sticking up for teammates is completely fine. I love it when they do.... if there's a reason. There was no reason for North to go after Grundy, so they didn't.

If he did, then that was be the most stupid thing I've seen on a footy field since Reece Conca elbowed Devon Smith in the back of the head for no reason.

Sticking up for teammates is completely fine. I love it when they do.... if there's a reason. There was no reason for North to go after Grundy, so they didn't.

giphy.gif

How good was his marking in that first half - just so full of confidence - was a pleasure to watch.

If BBB and W80 could string games together it would be worth the price of admission.

Didn't mean you with the distractions. I was referring to the Freo supporter who pees on his hands.

No Pies remonstrated with Ziebull after his " dangerous tackle " and free kick on Treloar. Who by the way hit his shoulder on the ground, not his head.
Hope you're on the MRP for Grundy this week. He'll need you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back