Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from not being true, does that argument also apply to punching a guy directly in the face? "Yeah but he is a lot stronger than me, if I didn't punch him in the face I wouldn't be able to get the ball off him".
Isnt that exactly what the tribunal said when abblett was done for punching mick martin in the kisser?

More lucid than 90% of AFL players not suffering concussion.

Yep.

Though a guilty part of me was kinda hoping he'd do a Kosi.

o2KgLx.gif

Is it just me, or are all the cards in place for North to get the AFL to give Brown some kind of third party payment like some others players have?

He is an exceptional speaker, he's interested in both journalism and talent management, he's Tasmanian (and loved down here), is a good player, and is becoming a cult figure even outside of just the club.

They should slide him a few pineapples under the table to do some work with the Tasmanian Academies for example, mentor the Tasmanian's through the combine down here (which would be of interest to the AFL seeing as how few prospects there were last year), get him to write some fluff pieces for The Mercury, have him involved in a few school programs outside of his role with North. That kind of thing.

If he's willing I think that kind of arrangement would be a win for all 3 parties involved. He would have more time going forward anyway, seeing as he finished his bachelors.

Thoughts?

:tearsofjoy:ZThe Richmond board have s thread on how Brown wants to got there :):tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

If he goes anywhere it'll be collingwood due to family connection. But he won't.

Is it just me, or are all the cards in place for North to get the AFL to give Brown some kind of third party payment like some others players have?

He is an exceptional speaker, he's interested in both journalism and talent management, he's Tasmanian (and loved down here), is a good player, and is becoming a cult figure even outside of just the club.

They should slide him a few pineapples under the table to do some work with the Tasmanian Academies for example, mentor the Tasmanian's through the combine down here (which would be of interest to the AFL seeing as how few prospects there were last year), get him to write some fluff pieces for The Mercury, have him involved in a few school programs outside of his role with North. That kind of thing.

If he's willing I think that kind of arrangement would be a win for all 3 parties involved. He would have more time going forward anyway, seeing as he finished his bachelors.

Thoughts?
I think he already has much to do with our Tassie forays. It appears he's some sort of ambassador when we go to Tassie.
I like the idea of BBB being more involved in the Academy. If not anything to get greater participation of young talent.
Ben is truly a fine individual, a credit to North's recruitment and development and further more a credit to himself and the greater state of Tassie.
I've got 3 Daughters and though young would hope that all find a guy like BBB.
I truly cannot fault him.

Gosh I really dislike Leigh Matthews, it would seem every time Brown takes a mark he's ******* surprised. His last mark of the game a great example, the reason it is a great example, it was his 110th mark for the ******* season.

His last goal also had me shaking my head it was his 56th goal for the ******* season. Matthews is a dick. How the * he always sounds surprised with Brown has me beat.

Rant over :)

Scares the s**t out of defenders one on one. Fingers crossed he can get a full preseason.

Robbed of another mark. Cos Margetts didn't want to guess... To be fair Dean, if all your other appalling decisions aren't guesses then you need some serious help cos I'm not sure how one person can make so many blunders. Do you think this is why you can't get a grand final after 20 years trying???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't give a rats what anyone says, it's a very good routine, it's consistent and for a very tall guy, a really good ball drop.

Also, the last time i looked, his goal kicking efficiency was higher than any of the top 6-7 on the league goal kicking list.

i'm sure the league will bring the shot clock down to 15 seconds, just to mess up his routine.

Highest priority signing at the club.

Wrap him up until 2022 minimum North. Then he can relax and revert to Aaron Black 2015+ form.

Won't happen with this guy.

Biggest question for me is can he improve again. He's currently in 4th place on the Coleman medal and on this year I think it's fair to place him in that top 5 KPF's. If he goes up a notch again and gets some more support - look out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back