tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m going to be spending most of the finals discrediting the AA selectors.

Nothing will change. Won’t serve any purpose. But atleast they’ll know the majority of fans think they are jokes.

Again, after they baared Lindsay Thomas in 2013 the award fully lost all credibility and that was 6 years ago.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pykie those are pretty interesting numbers you have put up and are worthy of discussion, but you are on a hiding to nothing arguing with the disingenuous morons on the main board.

The only way any of our guys are making AA is on the back of team dominance and finals.

Inb4 But Higgins; (an anomaly, pure and simple).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hawkins 2nd half of the year has been terrible. Incredible that he was picked over Brown. Especially at FF.

Brown is the best legitimate FF in the game. Cameron plays more as a traditional CHF like Lynch.

Cameron deserves his spot, Hawkins didn’t imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
10 goals in his first 4 games, most games with 100% TOG, runs more than any other forward in the comp. Not sure his preseason was an issue.
It’s not his running capacity that will improve its his strength. He has been limited with his strength development over the last few years because of hip, knee and elbow surgeries.

If he can get a full run at preseason and get more time in the gym, he’ll go to another level next year.

kangatime

Premium Platinum
Mar 29, 2009
kangaplace
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s not his running capacity that will improve its his strength. He has been limited with his strength development over the last few years because of hip, knee and elbow surgeries.

If he can get a full run at preseason and get more time in the gym, he’ll go to another level next year.
He's not a one on one wrestling type of player. Sure it will help but can't see it helping that much. He's also not a great ground ball player, which is why he will struggle to kick more than 60.

Larkey will be AA before Brown.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
He's not a one on one wrestling type of player. Sure it will help but can't see it helping that much. He's also not a great ground ball player, which is why he will struggle to kick more than 60.

I suspect about 800 players will struggle to kick more than 60.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Masked Avenger

Senior List
Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
[QUOTYep E="outwecome2play, post: 62587664, member: 165725"]
I reckon the team was decided on before the Port game. At that time Ben was probably only a couple of goals ahead of Hawkins.
It's time for a computer to pick the team as it won't be bias.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. The whole AA selector thing is a wank fest with the usual suspects fronting up for the free crayfish. It would have much more credibility if the team was picked from AFLCA votes. 3 highest voting small and tall forwards, tall and small backs, highest voting ruckman and the 9 highest voting midfielders all get blazers. The selectors can put them in positions - but definitely no crayfish!

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
As we all know Browny began strongly in 2018 like Hawkins did this season and finished poorly in 2018 as Hawkins also did.
So what do the selectors do? Use Brownys poor finish to 2018 against selecting him, whilst on the other hand using the goal assists bullshit to validate Hawkins spot for 2019.

Darling should also be nowhere near this team but for some reason it’s Hawkins spot that Ben could have only taken.

I remain steadfast that Darling and Hawkins are on my radar this finals series. fu** Richo and fu** Lingy.

DrZaius

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf

False. You’re just parroting a media narrative there. Browny’s always been surprisingly nimble at his feet for a bloke as big and gangly as he is, he manages to kick his fair share of goals from quick gathers at the feet and snap.

scottywiper

Brownlow Medallist
May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
As we all know Browny began strongly in 2018 like Hawkins did this season and finished poorly in 2018 as Hawkins also did.
So what do the selectors do? Use Brownys poor finish to 2018 against selecting him, whilst on the other hand using the goal assists bulls**t to validate Hawkins spot for 2019.

Darling should also be nowhere near this team but for some reason it’s Hawkins spot that Ben could have only taken.

I remain steadfast that Darling and Hawkins are on my radar this finals series. fu** Richo and fu** Lingy.
It is interesting that the WA media was all over Darling in first half o the year, bemoaning his poor form and questioning what had happened to him.
Similarly, Hawkins' slow finish to the year wasn't a factor, seemingly.

Top Bottom