Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Hall going too.

Now Rance is gone the Tigers are looking for "entertainment" to fill his void (so to speak)

What the feck are you trying to say here? :huh:

Give him the 4

I get that in the past we’ve handed out contracts willy nilly, and that it is apoint of where each party starts and coming to an agreement. But for a lynchpin of your forward setup just pull the trigger

I get that in the past we’ve handed out contracts willy nilly, and that it is apoint of where each party starts and coming to an agreement. But for a lynchpin of your forward setup just pull the trigger

We're weird like that. Hand out extensions to guys like Cameron Richardson or Max Warren willy nilly, lowball the shizen out of Levi after a top 3 B&F year in a preliminary final side.

Yeh, we pick our targets alright.

Again hopefully this is just media fluff because anyone at the club who would think using Ben Brown to demonstrate strong negotiation to the group is a smart move...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club isn't about to slap a 10 year deal on the table at 1mil annually just because he's Ben Brown.

They're gonna get their lions share and see how this deal can come out fair for both sides.

Remember the cleanout we've had, don't expect them to roll over with this new crew.

He’s only asking for 4 years.

It is believed Martin and Fyfe each earnt more than $1.3 million on 2019 accounts, well clear of the game's other million-dollar players headed by West Coast's Jeremy McGovern, GWS's Jeremy Cameron and Sydney's Lance Franklin.

Others in, or near, the million-dollar club include the Giants' Josh Kelly, Collingwood's Scott Pendlebury, Geelong's Patrick Dangerfield, Dog Marcus Bontempelli, Eagle Andrew Gaff, and Carlton's Patrick Cripps

North Melbourne recruit Jared Polec signed a heavily front-ended deal after he left Port Adelaide, placing him among those in or near the million-dollar zone on 2019 books.

4 x $800k for a 27yo full forward kicking 60+ goals per year (even in lean seasons for the team)?

Sign the contract and then feel sorry for Brown that his manager is on the take or on the piss.

Somehow I doubt all they are asking for is $800k. Hope I'm wrong.

4 x $800k for a 27yo full forward kicking 60+ goals per year (even in lean seasons for the team)?

Sign the contract and then feel sorry for Brown that his manager is on the take or on the piss.

Somehow I doubt all they are asking for is $800k. Hope I'm wrong.

His manager should be asking for at least a million bucks a year.

He's good enough, worth it and obviously on strike till he gets the cash.

We offer seven figures to all and sundry from elsewhere while this guy is doing things last done by Wayne Carey, (who'd be on two million a year these days.)

He works his arse off on and off field. Is marketing gold and we have young blokes who can kick to advantage just coming into their own and a damn good decoy in Larkey.

Give him three years at a mil with triggers for a fourth or even fifth and watch him kick a ton in a flag winning year.

We're weird like that. Hand out extensions to guys like Cameron Richardson or Max Warren willy nilly, lowball the shizen out of Levi after a top 3 B&F year in a preliminary final side.

Yeh, we pick our targets alright.

Again hopefully this is just media fluff because anyone at the club who would think using Ben Brown to demonstrate strong negotiation to the group is a smart move...
Three year deals are standard for players of the calibre of Ben Brown and Dom Tyson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back