Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

God Cornes is garbage.

Actually he says things everyone is thinking but are too politically correct to actually say it.

Brown is worth more than three years, he's your best kp player by a country mile.

Every other club would offer more and he is spot on, North has offered massive contracts to lesser players.

What part of that is incorrect?

Actually he says things everyone is thinking but are too politically correct to actually say it.

Brown is worth more than three years, he's your best kp player by a country mile.

Every other club would offer more and he is spot on, North has offered massive contracts to lesser players.

It is worth remembering that those big contracts were offered by a past admin team- just sayin. And Cornes is a complete pole smoker

He.will.not.leave.North.Melbourne.Football.Club. "."
[/QUOTE
Brady owns a pair of the brass variety - not like his predecessors.

BBB might be a line in the sand example - will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Perhaps the club will actually run the club - not whatever was happening when previous contract extensions were handed out like xmas presents.

If Cornes says what you're thinking then you should make sure your car doesn't have a carbon monoxide leak.

Its a negotiation. He will get his 4 years. He may have to give up something the other way. Brown knows this. His manager knows this. Even Cornes is aware of this. You seem to be the only one who doesn’t have much clue how contracts work.

It's the start of a contract negotiation. No club starts at their maximum. Clearly we're in agreement on money, the first approach is a smaller term for a key forward that can't get through a preseason without niggles/injury who will be in his 30's when a deal concludes. It's a careful approach for a new regime. Every man and his dog at Arden St knows he's going to sign. When you're bargaining with your own players it's a lot easier to start your approach from the opposite end of the arena than when you are trying to dangle carrots to lure younger players of need from other clubs. This is an end of season article for clubs playing chicken with a players contract, you'd know as you went through similar with McGovern a couple of seasons back. I wouldn't be surprised if this contract is done before the season starts.

None of that though defers from the fact that I think Cornes is garbage and he's had a personal grudge against North for a very long time.

The part where you shouldn't believe everything you read, and that it only takes a modicum of intelligence to understand how player managers work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The part where you're in here posting

Kane Cornes is single handedly the lowest form of life I have had the displeasure of coming across!!!!
I mean I kinda agree with what he said. Except where he said North were taking advantage because he is a nice guy.

He deserves more than 3 years and what we have offered to other players I would be offended. He is our most important by far. EASILY.

Yes. I know it’s early contract negotiations and all but I’m just giving my thoughts based on the subject now.

Last edited:

Taz is our best kpp. Brown is a close second.

Insulting is the incorrect part. Club offered 3 - player wants 4.

It’s a negotiation - the 2 parties aren’t miles apart. Insulting is offering 1 year not 3 - when he is turning 28 this year.

Why. Its a fair observation and comment. It isnt trolling either.

How would you feel if you got that offer when players less capable and less important to the team gets better offers?

I don't think you're trolling either, i also don't think you know the offer that has been put to Brown. He will stay at North there's nothing surer. You kind of lost me when you stuck up for Cornes.

The guys a dill and not well liked around these parts. And tbh am not sure anyone could blame us for that. He's bitter and a tad twisted when he talks about North.

has I believe something to do with how we treated his father who spent a season with us years ago. Here's a photo they may jog your memory of "Pop" Cornes.....

1583537833575.png

I don't think you're trolling either, i also don't think you know the offer that has been put to Brown. He will stay at North there's nothing surer. You kind of lost me when you stuck up for Cornes.

The guys a dill and not well liked around these parts. And tbh am not sure anyone could blame us for that. He's bitter and a tad twisted when he talks about North.

has I believe something to do with how we treated his father who spent a season with us years ago. Here's a photo they may jog your memory of "Pop" Cornes.....

View attachment 835031

How did we treat his father?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back