Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

How did we treat his father?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

5 games 10 goals.Barassi dropped him and he returned to SA. He did take one specci in the goal square that I recall but don't remember much else. In fairness he returned to the SANFL and had a great year playing as an onballer. I'm pretty sure he was really good in the SOO match that year against the Vics. Just came over too late.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Graham Studley (lol) Cornes OAM is a former Australian rules footballer at a low level and coach, as well as a media flog. Wikipedia

Born: 31 March 1948 (age 71 years), Victoria
Height: 1.89 m
Weight: 76 kg
Spouse: Nicole Cornes
Position: Centre half-sh!thouse
Children: Larry Cornes, Curly Cornes, Moe Cornes, Gia Cornes, Amy Cornes

He would have been 32 when he came to North Melbourne in 79 from memory. At least his wiki page is acurate.
You're missing his kids Foot Cornes and Uni Cornes.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He tries to emulate his old man. Problem is his dad actually has some degree of intelligence.

You reckon that’s what it is? I don’t know mate. I only hear him once a week on Fridays on SEN. Every week it’s the same thing, he’ll throw out some criticism of the Melbourne based clubs and the supporters fall for it every time and ring up to argue with him. He does Carlton supporters the best, he has those *ers frothing at the mouth.

You reckon that’s what it is? I don’t know mate. I only hear him once a week on Fridays on SEN. Every week it’s the same thing, he’ll throw out some criticism of the Melbourne based clubs and the supporters fall for it every time and ring up to argue with him. He does Carlton supporters the best, he has those f***ers frothing at the mouth.
His old man was always a troll on the radio but he could string enough words together to form an argument. But Kane, like you said, he just throws bait out there for the sake of it.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Just go away....**** I hate WCE and there supporters. They are disgraceful.

Hate is a very powerful word. The world is coming to and end as we know it and your are all twisted about what exactly? You should make peace with issues that simply arent important and just have a laugh and get on with life. :thumbsu: :)

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Its a negotiation. He will get his 4 years. He may have to give up something the other way. Brown knows this. His manager knows this. Even Cornes is aware of this. You seem to be the only one who doesn’t have much clue how contracts work.

Ok. So being cute and lowballing you best player who is your highest goal kicker is smart negotiating. Wonder what other players think about that?

I prefer the Eagles method with gun players. Darling, McGovern, Gaff, Yeo, Shuey al . We talk, agree, signed up long term no arguments, deal done no Cornes articles! :cool: :cool: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

You think the Eagles know how contracts work?

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Ok. So being cute and lowballing you best player who is your highest goal kicker is smart negotiating. Wonder what other players think about that?

I prefer the Eagles method with gun players. Darling, McGovern, Gaff, Yeo, Shuey al . We talk, agree, signed up long term no arguments, deal done no Cornes articles! :cool: :cool: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Serious question for you.

Are you actually privy to Ben Brown’s contract status; i.e. you’re his Player Manager or you’re the NMFC Recruitment Manager?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

To be fair we don't have ability to stick a player on the board of a mining company or set him with Hungry Jacks franchise.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
To be fair we don't have ability to stick a player on the board of a mining company or set him with Hungry Jacks franchise.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Or the board of a property development business.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You reckon that’s what it is? I don’t know mate. I only hear him once a week on Fridays on SEN. Every week it’s the same thing, he’ll throw out some criticism of the Melbourne based clubs and the supporters fall for it every time and ring up to argue with him. He does Carlton supporters the best, he has those f***ers frothing at the mouth.
Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan as he's a wind up merchant par excellence.....I love it when reads out all the texts that are highly critical/offensive

desie

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2004
Gumnut Cottage
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Arsenal, GWS Giants
5 games 10 goals.Barassi dropped him and he returned to SA. He did take one specci in the goal square that I recall but don't remember much else. In fairness he returned to the SANFL and had a great year playing as an onballer. I'm pretty sure he was really good in the SOO match that year against the Vics. Just came over too late.
The weekend after we'd decided to send him back to Glenelg we lost Phil Baker and Malcolm Blight to serious injuries against St Kilda.

We tried to do a u-turn but it was too late. It may not have made any difference, who knows.

The reason people aren't taking you seriously is because you swallow the term "low-ball" as if it's the truth.

Face it, you're getting a perverse pleasure from believing that North are doing the wrong thing by their gun full forward, when in fact it's made up hyperbole to sell newspapers / attract listeners. You'd have to be pretty clueless to not realise this.

Back