Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d hold at 3 years

old mate brown turns 28 this year and has never had a full uninterrupted preseason

as the years tick on I feel his body could break down easily

tbh if we offered 2 I’d be fine that would take him to the dreaded 30

Nah, Browny's one of our more solid players physically. Covers more ground than anyone else out there (aside from Kanye, who's achieved pretty much on par with him for km's covered at times), runs out all 4 Quarters, and gets injured comparatively rarely for our crew. If his body were to be in any way fragile it surely would have "broken down" by now, what with all the tunneling and three on one hammerings he's received from defenders over the years.

Not giving him the 4 would be madness. With Larkey developing into a talented force of his own, we need BBB more than ever to run tandem up there. 31 or 32 is nothing in a player like him. He's durable, and has got a tank to spare. He'll be fine.

Last edited:

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, Browny's one of our more solid players physically. Covers more ground than anyone else out there (aside from Kanye, who's achieved pretty much on par with him for km's covered at times), runs out all 4 Quarters, and gets injured comparatively rarely for our crew. If his body were to be in any way fragile it surely would have "broken down" by now, what with all the tunneling and three on one hammerings he's received from defenders over the years.

Not giving him the 4 would be madness. With Larkey developing into a talented force of his own, we need BBB more than ever to run tandem up there. 31 or 32 is nothing in a player like him. He's durable, and has got a tank to spare. He'll be fine.

He has an ongoing knee problem. I think there may be an undelying concern that it mind end his career early. This is based on speculation.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Ok. So being cute and lowballing you best player who is your highest goal kicker is smart negotiating. Wonder what other players think about that?

I prefer the Eagles method with gun players. Darling, McGovern, Gaff, Yeo, Shuey al . We talk, agree, signed up long term no arguments, deal done no Cornes articles! :cool: :cool: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

You think the Eagles know how contracts work?

Not many of those, if any, were signed in March. And IIRC in particular with McGovern and Gaff those ones dragged out very late, did they not? Gaff in particular went within a week, if not into, the FA/trade period.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Not many of those, if any, were signed in March. And IIRC in particular with McGovern and Gaff those ones dragged out very late, did they not? Gaff in particular went within a week, if not into, the FA/trade period.
Yeah I wouldn't call the Gaff re-signing as exactly smooth sailing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Yeah I wouldn't call the Gaff re-signing as exactly smooth sailing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
But, but, but... the Eagles Management are that hypnotic, they just smile and wink at every one of their players and they magically re-sign, right there, right on the spot..

** In all seriousness though, the nod and wink is the code sign that your new waterfront home in Scarborough (and outside the salary cap) is ready for occupancy **

We do all realise that nothing written in this thread has any bearing on the result of BBB contract discussions, don’t we? However, it does help to add extra zeros to the contract of a certain Kane Cornes! Is that what we want?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
give him 4 years - he's like higgins, very professional with his preparation and is unlikely to breakdown like your typical older players. Unlike most he'll prepare more as the years go by, whereas most older players do less.

only doubt is his vegan diet won't allow his body to recovery and perform at its optimum, hopefully that slowly changes as the myths are revealed.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He's a running machine, so I can't see him losing too much in the way of conditioning, however, I suspect he has to show he can stand up to match simulation conditions by this time next week. Looking forward to reports from the track watchers.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He's a running machine, so I can't see him losing too much in the way of conditioning, however, I suspect he has to show he can stand up to match simulation conditions by this time next week. Looking forward to reports from the track watchers.

I think it's pretty evident from the murmurings around he isn't going to play.

There's talk of this possibly extending to Rnd 2 or 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back