Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder this is the North board Brown thread and not a banter thread but while we're at it the Melbourne boards 710k total posts (beating only GC, GWS and Fitzroy) compared to the North boards 2.6m posts suggests you may be out of your depth on this one.

Half those posts are Tef.

Add 1988 & 2000. The 180 odd point flogging by Geelong. Mark Neeld. Jeff White. Gutnick. The list goes on and on.

1988 & 2000 make me laugh. 1988 run smack bang into probably the best team of the modern era. 2000 run into a team that lost one game all year, one.

And they would have packed the MCC members thinking " we're a chance today "
By 1/4 time " 🥴 where's the bar " ?

Not even selected on the extended bench.

I'd be absolutely amazed if he can resurrect his career from here.

Watching the VFL game today and BBB is struggling to have impact. He'll be lucky to get a game in the seniors the way is going

Crazy how much he has dropped off, genuinely hope he can find some form and make an impact at AFL level again.

I was fully expecting him to be up there in the Coleman with the dees. It's been an insane drop off the last couple of years. Thought we made the dumbest trade of all time but he hasn't fired a shot in a long time, so looks like we may have done alright out of it. Still wish him the best, he was a great player for us and gave us a lot of good memories.

Watching the VFL game today and BBB is struggling to have impact. He'll be lucky to get a game in the seniors the way is going

He certainly turned it around today though. Fingers crossed it's enough to get him a place in the seniors side next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd, hadn't noticed a suspended/banned or cancelled thingy on his profile.

I think it's different when you're infracted out. Strikethrough on the name.

Exactly. Used to seeing the word suspended emblazed in red by his avatar.

I'm wary of saying too much but I believe a suspension is different to an account nuke. I think because it's just a general over-infraction he looks normal to non-mods (not wiped altogether) but right now it is permaban status.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back