Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he rises above being a good Docklands player.
That's 2 interstate stinkers in a row.

It is two stinkers in a row.

With Drew playing so poorly, opposition coaches probably realised they could put a second or third or even sixth best defender on him and their best defender on BB. Then he gets no help from anyone during the games. The whole side's been dysfunctional for weeks.

I'm not defending him, it's just a theory.

Got smashed but had next to no hope with Petrie ineffectual and our ball movement forward of centre consisting of bombing long to their spares. On a hiding to nothing.

It is two stinkers in a row.

With Drew playing so poorly, opposition coaches probably realised they could put a second or third or even sixth best defender on him and their best defender on BB. Then he gets no help from anyone during the games. The whole side's been dysfunctional for weeks.

I'm not defending him, it's just a theory.
Remember when we were worldbeaters, the club would post a video online titled the North Melbourne playbook. It showed how well our forward line was functioning.
Granted our midfield is shithouse, but there was no blocking, no false leads, zero communication. Our forward line is as much to blame as the midfielders.
Browny had a shocker in the first half yet nothing was done to get him dangerous.
Backs up my call that the club saw the last two games as a mere formality.
We didn't give a yelp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seems to be easily pushed aside in one-on-one static marking contests.

Needs to do this every day till the season starts for at least 10 minutes, building to much longer...

03%20Stance%20Horse2.JPG

Sure does Thringy.

He needs to learn to drop his hips and hold his own in a wrestle (oooer hold his own...). Those two kids are getting low and really driving at each other. especially compared to everyone else in the photo.

Brownie gets pushed off his centre of gravity too easily and its cos he stands too high in those hold your ground contests.

If you learn how to stand properly and get your hips low, legs wide and your arms at 135 deg its much harder for someone to push you off your spot.

Its easy for a shortarse like me obviously but a lanky beanpole like Brownie really needs that sort of training. Its not like he is Wayne Carey with legs up to his knees and a centre of gravity that's actually underground, so he needs to work to overcome those "disadvantages". He's tall and lanky and mobile and can use that to his advantage on a lead but if he's stuck under the ball in the goal square it a whole different story. Its a plus that if anyone has the mentality to work and improve on their game he has.

Sure does Thringy.

He needs to learn to drop his hips and hold his own in a wrestle (oooer hold his own...). Those two kids are getting low and really driving at each other. especially compared to everyone else in the photo.

Brownie gets pushed off his centre of gravity too easily and its cos he stands too high in those hold your ground contests.

If you learn how to stand properly and get your hips low, legs wide and your arms at 135 deg its much harder for someone to push you off your spot.

Its easy for a shortarse like me obviously but a lanky beanpole like Brownie really needs that sort of training. Its not like he is Wayne Carey with legs up to his knees and a centre of gravity that's actually underground, so he needs to work to overcome those "disadvantages". He's tall and lanky and mobile and can use that to his advantage on a lead but if he's stuck under the ball in the goal square it a whole different story. Its a plus that if anyone has the mentality to work and improve on their game he has.
Its not easy being a tall skinny dude ferball in these situations. SOS was probably the only one I can think of that really held his own body on body though his thighs were probably bigger than most
He either has to get separation or do 500 squats a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back