VFL Past #50: James Ferry

Remove this Banner Ad

306727-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Height: 189cm
Weight: 84kg
DOB: 9/11/1994
Position: Defender
Recruited from: Calder Cannons

A medium defender from Calder, Ferry's biggest strength is the ability to read the play and take intercept marks. Apparently also a good user of the football.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games, we lack a small defender.

306727-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Height: 189cm
Weight: 84kg
DOB: 9/11/1994
Position: Defender
Recruited from: Calder Cannons

A medium defender from Calder, Ferry's biggest strength is the ability to read the play and take intercept marks. Apparently also a good user of the football.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games, we lack a small defender.
wonder if the club may Get him in the Draft? could be a good replacement for when Goddard Retires at the end of 2016

wonder if the club may Get him in the Draft? could be a good replacement for when Goddard Retires at the end of 2016
Nah. No where near that good. Decent VFL player at best.

Nah. No where near that good. Decent VFL player at best.
he still might be a good pickup, Goddards gonna retire at the end of 2016 so getting this guy now at the end of this year might be good, he will have enough time in the VFL an a few Senior games to improve,

he still might be a good pickup, Goddards gonna retire at the end of 2016 so getting this guy now at the end of this year might be good, he will have enough time in the VFL an a few Senior games to improve,
Since when? He'll be 31. He hasn't been his best this season but there's every chance he plays on to 2017-18. Ferry will be a decent state league player but nothing more. Our Goddard replacement will be Laverde.

Since when? He'll be 31. He hasn't been his best this season but there's every chance he plays on to 2017-18. Ferry will be a decent state league player but nothing more. Our Goddard replacement will be Laverde.
in that case i apologise, i didnt know how old Ferry was ( nore did i look ) i guess your right though.

in that case i apologise, i didnt know how old Ferry was ( nore did i look ) i guess your right though.
I meant BJ. Ferry is 21 but there's a reason he hasn't played state league footy since his draft year.

Has only played a couple of matches so far this season but was pretty decent in the back line providing support to Steinberg and Gwilt

Very impressed by this guy.

Bigger than he is listed, significantly taller than Steinberg when they stood next to each other at the weekend, with the athleticism to play as a mid sized flanker.

Looks like he has the tools to make it to me.

Said it in the match day thread, I reckon we're keen, but that's only a hunch.

Marty Allison was his coach at Calder, Marty Allison currently works at the club in a recruiting role. We've got a s**t tonne of players that can play the role he plays, why play him unless there's an end game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That he gets selected to play a final not having played for a long time adds to the conspiracy for me.

Did a good job. Could be a very good 192cm running half/back/pseudo KPD.

Don't be surprised if this guy is on our rookie list next season- we are very interested in keeping him and fills the void left by Steinberg in our VFL team

Ferry is noticeably bulkier than last year.

He took as few really big contested marks and seemed to be more focused on running with the ball. Spent a bit of time forward too.

I really like what I saw yesterday against Werribee (as long as he was not on Mason Wood for too much of the game, and I don't think he was).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back