VFL Past #50: James Ferry

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bombers will be without James Ferry who injured his knee early in the first quarter on Sunday.

It’s disappointing because he is one of our better players and does impact forward or back,” Egan said.

“He’s a big loss, we haven’t got the full results back yet but hopefully it isn’t long term which it doesn’t look to be at this stage which is great news.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-17/young-dons-shine-in-vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?

I agree with parishfanclub; Ferry would be no more than about 190.
Seen him side by side with Ambrose. Genuinely taller.

Think he may be a chance to get drafted with a late pick or a rookie selection.

Yesterday was the first time I've seen him since his return from injury and he looked really good.

Took a few nice contested grabs, was cool with the ball under pressure, used it well and managed Kersten pretty well. One goal Kersten kicked was a 65m roost from the boundary and the other was a bit of bad luck when a really good spoil from Coghlan, I think, spilled into Kersten's path enabling him to run into an open goal.

Still very confident that he is an AFL standard third tall defender/half back.

There's no way he'll be picked up. Serviceable at vfl level, that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way he'll be picked up. Serviceable at vfl level, that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most talented player on our VFL list.

Whatever happened to this bloke? Injured? no room and can't find him at local level football? (VFL list has local club as Gisborne)
Probably injured, as I can't see any reason Darby would play ahead of him if it weren't the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back